Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make your own server and summon anything you want with GM commands
Some people like to play in their own sandbox. Which is fine. Other people like to play in a public sandbox, which is fine too. Even more people like to play in public sandboxes that aren't pissed in by few special buddies who think it's fun to piss in a public sandbox and then tell people to go find their own sandbox if they want a piss-free sandbox. Why isn't that fine?
Old 03-31-2016, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even more people like to play in public sandboxes that aren't pissed in by few special buddies who think it's fun to piss in a public sandbox and then tell people to go find their own sandbox if they want a piss-free sandbox. Why isn't that fine?
That would be fine with me. Realistically, we can only hope those neckbeards and lawyers quit before Sirken and them do, eh?
Old 03-31-2016, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Not a chance. We've been camping the GM spawn for years and you need to gtfo of our area or we'll petition you.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:12 PM
Orc

Don't waste your time even thinking about raiding. Great game. Awful community. You have to realize, most of the high end raiders on here have a life that revolves around fighting over the 300th Trakanon spawn for their 4th level 60. The point at which I realized how pathetic these people are is when someone explained duck/coth casting to me....Wow.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:34 PM
Fire Giant

Let's all go back to Archeage

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-31-2016, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't waste your time even thinking about raiding. Great game. Awful community. You have to realize, most of the high end raiders on here have a life that revolves around fighting over the 300th Trakanon spawn for their 4th level 60. The point at which I realized how pathetic these people are is when someone explained duck/coth casting to me....Wow.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's all go back to Archeage
Why wasn't that game good? Dammit. I looked like Lineage II reborn, come to take me, once again, from Everquest hell to the PVP holy land. F2P cash shop ruined shit game.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovician [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I play here super casually. I played with the hope of raiding on here someday, but having been browsing the forums for the past few months I can honestly say no-fkn-way.

The argument in the guild summit meeting thread about move speed getting to Tormax was enough to turn me off to this game forever. Is the high end community really THAT nitpicky over every single rule and how every single statement written by the staff is worded? I don't want to hang out with people who are going to try to twist everyone else's words so that they favor one individual.

Then I read about how every guild needed a bat phone to be competitive. So I'm on the same page: You want to text me at 3am on a work night to wake me up to log onto a game to push some buttons to kill an e-monster to have a 1/60 chance of getting some loot? That doesn't fit into my life and I'm surprised it fits into so many other people's lives.

For a casual like me I guess there's no hope of playing. What are you guys even competing so hard for? Those same monsters are going to spawn -forever- and future progression is pretty uncertain. You're literally just rushing to min maxing a character so you can look at some slightly bigger numbers in your stats screen and you're killing the enjoyment of the game for a ton of people.

I don't play here really so I guess my word is pretty much crap to all of you and I expect a pretty unfriendly response, but from the outside looking in - how the hell do people play this game?
It's not that bad - the FORUMS are the worst of p99. Players on p99 are generally good people (generally being an important caveat).

Join a guild without manditory raid attendance. I was in Anonymous, and it was a great community. Yes, they batphoned their kills. Turn your notifications off for batphone when you don't want to be bothered. Don't want to batphone a 3am target? great. Turn off batphone.

TL/DR - Raid scene is bad, but if you join the right guild, it's still fun, and won't consume your life pooping in socks.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodors Finest Poster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ToV on Sunday is more busy than Knapford station at rush hour.

You have caused confusion and delay!

Clorthos PAL
Kagrubb SHM
Lidokidz PAL

Almost Useful
Closed Thread