Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a tension in EQ between leveling to where you can acquire loot, and wanting loot to help you level. The correct answer is almost always to focus on leveling first, but for certain key class-defining items (like the goblin ring for enchanters) it's not so simple.
No way. The most fun comes from getting loot that is your level or harder to get.

Sitting and camping a bunch of stuff green to you is why most people burn out....no sense of adventure, no danger...just mind numbing grinding as you go afk to do other stuff.

But setting out as lower level trying to do some quest? It is exciting!! Thrilling!! I remember my first character on the server...a young gnome cleric with dreams to be a great gnome paladin....set out at level 4 (before the level minimums before zones) to get a weapon worthy of a great warrior.

Ended up trying to get the cleric quest hammer from Sol Ro quest which sent me into Mistmoore. Then I had to get down into the pit and get the item and get back out again (I wasn't even sure if it was the right spot! or what would happen! I remember opening the doors to the jail and having a heart attack when there were monsters standing there and I thought they might be able to see me!).

And then even just trying to get 100pp to get the bar for the quest! and all the other challenges! Everything becomes a great adventure, even the smallest stuff.

None of that is possible if you just over-level sitting in EXP groups and THEN go back and try to pick up stuff.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Just exp at cash camps like sol a (25ish), hill giants (40ish) and you can make the PP quick.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:09 AM
Fire Giant

ring is not a must nor is it a game changer

i leveled to 60 without one and i use charm pet/break pet all the time, even today when 6k is nothing to me i am still not buying one

if you insist on getting one, u'd better off spend the time leveling or farming other camps. the time spent to camp ring does not justify its usefulness nor its value of 6k
Old 12-07-2018, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

Be an elf taxi and make plat that way ^^
Old 12-07-2018, 05:51 AM
Orc

I've gotten a total of 3 rings so far. First 2 rings were back to back within 2-3 hours of camping. Sold both of them, then I really needed to get another one to charm kite some Velious camps for exp and cash. Third ring took 30+ hours to get. I really wouldn't do the 2 spawn camp until you are around your 40s. The ring is definitely a game changer. though I use it to bard charm kite effectively without worrying if my charmed pet's health gets too low. Allows me to instabreak charm when mob is around 10% where I just finish it off from there.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Levelled a Mage 12-24 on this ph. (Started with a farm group, finished solo).

Got first ring just before dinging 25.

Amusingly got a second ring shortly after running thru the zone on the way to help a monk epic fight!

Both ends of the spectrum there.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No way. The most fun comes from getting loot that is your level or harder to get.

Sitting and camping a bunch of stuff green to you is why most people burn out....no sense of adventure, no danger...just mind numbing grinding as you go afk to do other stuff.

But setting out as lower level trying to do some quest? It is exciting!! Thrilling!! I remember my first character on the server...a young gnome cleric with dreams to be a great gnome paladin....set out at level 4 (before the level minimums before zones) to get a weapon worthy of a great warrior.

Ended up trying to get the cleric quest hammer from Sol Ro quest which sent me into Mistmoore. Then I had to get down into the pit and get the item and get back out again (I wasn't even sure if it was the right spot! or what would happen! I remember opening the doors to the jail and having a heart attack when there were monsters standing there and I thought they might be able to see me!).

And then even just trying to get 100pp to get the bar for the quest! and all the other challenges! Everything becomes a great adventure, even the smallest stuff.

None of that is possible if you just over-level sitting in EXP groups and THEN go back and try to pick up stuff.
Sorry, you are absolutely correct. These conversations tend to have an implicit "what's the fastest way to get to 60 with the gear I want?" behind them. I was going with that, but what I really should have said instead of "the correct answer" was "the correct answer (in terms of efficiency)".

Because again, you are absolutely right: while some people certainly care about it, EQ is not just about being efficient

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:05 PM
Fire Giant

I've done multiple 6-12 hours sessions (at the double spawn) without seeing a ring recently ish , but the very first time I did the camp I got 1 ring in like 1 hour or less, so I keep coming back to only be very disappointed and frustrated.. sigh
Old 12-09-2018, 12:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

I have had my eye on this Goblin invis ring for a minute now and was wondering what the best way I can do these as an enchanter.

I am currently following direction from https://wiki.project1999.com/A_sarnak_courier.

However, I do not have any ae nuke abilities. What's the best way for me to effectively use their method of gathering mobs and killing them once I reach the proper level? Just use summoned pet once all gathered?

Thanks in advance
I camped several goblin rings with my enchanter at 29, and have sold about a dozen rings over the years. Its a terrible camp, but any pet class can do it at 29 easily.

Get a SoW and run around the ruins, aggroing all the PHs with a smack. Take them to spawn points and let your pet kill them all. If you only find one PH, root it and continue running around gathering mobs and repeat. Once you get the PHs respawning, sit down next to one of the spawns to get aggro and use lowest level tash to aggro the second spawn when it pops. Keep your pet hasted and med the rest of the time.

Its an awful camp so be prepared for pain. The best advice I can give you is to do it in 2-3 hour sessions max. Watching two spawn 30 second spawn points for too long will crush your soul.
Last edited by Crawdad; 12-09-2018 at 12:38 AM..
Old 12-11-2018, 05:07 PM
Large Rat

well, I'm on courier number 87 and 35 hours in, no luck yet
Closed Thread