Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-08-2018, 01:55 PM
Banned

Default Mojave (mac) and Wineskin; what worked?

Hey gang,

Accidentally downloaded Mojave last night while I slept; lo and behold p99 not working through wine. So it goes.

I’ve scoured the other threads, but I’m a bit of a newb with Wineskin lingo. I’ve tried:
1: time machine to get old p99 Wineskin from high Sierra (which worked), but this just acts as if to open and never actually launches. I’ve gone and done the “uncheck GPU/GMU (whichever it is)” trick, but that didn’t help.

2: Re-download of Wineskin and a réinstallation of EQ titanium, but when I go to click install.exe it loads up a “oops... make sure you’re copying files to C drive” message, which many folk seem to encounter. However, I’ve tried 2-3 different YouTube solutions and none seem to work (and the swirling beachball of death continues to rotate as though it were still trying to run the .exe, so I have to hard reset every time).

Obviously people are playing with Wineskin on Mojave, but my lack of fluency in this regard is prohibitive. Would anyone be willing to help a brother out with a little more 1-on-1 guidance? I’d be happy to log in and galavant around Norrath with a new buddy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Not sure the actual answer, but if you can install it on a windows computer and copy it to a USB drive, then you can just copy the EQ folder to the mac.