Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 05:58 AM
Banned

Question Does anyone play Project '99 with 3G Internet or Vista 64-bit Ultimate?

Hey everyone! I just joined the forum & hope to be able to play Project 1999 sooner rather than later & get back into EQ the way it was always meant to be before SOE sold out to make more money by making the game sooo much more cheesy & easier for all the kiddies with the newer expansions & stupid PoK etc! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Okay okay, so I'm brand new to the forum & (hopefully soonish) to the Project 1999 server(but def NOT new to EQ...before I quit I had a 70 time-equipped shammy with TA & 70 mage on Ayonae Ro & had played with some awesome folks like my roomy & (mostly) 133t guildies in Landslide(LS))) soo maybe my questions will seem kind of stupid or n00bish etc to some of you (oh well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). I'm hoping these have not been asked a million times before, sorry if they have!

BOTH my internet & current computer are soo vastly vastly different than what I played(addictively?) Evercrack on back in 2000 - 2005.

Fast forward to NOW - Unfortunately, a 5GB MAX downloads/ month on the Verizon network using a Novatel Mifi 2200 mobile hotspot(my little skinny shiny black paperweight wifi router) is my primary & ONLY internet right now until I move into an apartment in a month or 2 & will be able to buy unlimited usage Cable or DSL. Currently and for the last year, I've been living with my Grandpa in his RV way out far from big cities, in the countryside in Inland Central California & Verizon's Mobile broadband is the only company that gets reception out here LOL! At least there is 1 and 1 is always > 0. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am greatly hoping to get back into EQ like the good 'ol days that I have been missing from time to time! I was pretty surprised & excited when I 1st read about Project 1999 in a couple Amazon reviews for Titanium about a week ago.

I had to pay $50 to get Titanium from an Amazon seller about a week ago...it was the cheapest I could find on the internet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Oh well 50 is better than 100!! :P I just installed all of the CDs after bringing it home from our PO box 60 miles away & finally getting to shoot my 1st .45 ACP ever at Target Masters in the greater San Jose area.

And my questions are:

1) *Have any of you ever(or do often) played/play on Project 1999 over a 3G internet connection?
-If so, do you have any idea approximately how much data in MB or GB is downloaded to your computer in say...a 10 minute, 30 minute, or 60 minute period? Is it even possible to play a stable game over 3G speeds? Is it ridiculously laggy all the time, or some of the time?

2) *Does anyone play on Project 1999 Server with Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate? (though I'd imagine Windows 7 64-bit would have a very similar catalog of supported software/games and associated difficulties/tweaks necessary for compatability with older games like EQ & EQ Classic99 server)*
-If so, were there any major issues that were difficult to fix or tweak to play a good game?

3) *Has anyone played Project 1999 or any EQ Server with a Toshiba Qosmio X305 Q725 gaming laptop or a computer with similar specs such as the Nvidia Geforce 9800M GTX graphics card?
-If so, were there any major tweaks or issues that you had or still have for playing project 1999 on this computer of yours?

THANKS in advance if you take the time to read and/or answer any of my questions! Any help or assistance will be greatly appreciated! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sincerely, Asteria
Last edited by Asteria; 03-13-2011 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: OMG it was just a fun lil short story of a rental gun! I have never owned a firearm and would never sell 1 here if I did!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Fire Giant

I have played by thethering my laptop to my iPhone (3g) the data usage depends on what you are doing, but on average about 10mb/hour

doesnt lag, runs perfectly. 3g is a 1.5megabit pipe.. EQ was made to be played on a 28k modem (hundreds of times slower).

I play on macbook pro, runs fine. Use installer in my signature to fix multi core cpu bug.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Sarnak

I am playing on Windows 64 Ultimate without issue. However I have Intel hardware also as some have said dual and quad core AMD CPU's have caused probs.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Kobold

Hey I was on Ayonea Ro as well! I play on my droid 3G allllllll the time just fine.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Banned

I play tethered through a 3G Android phone. Works fine unless some lame background thing like Microsoft Update wakes up and floods the connection.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Banned

Smile Thanks guys!

Many thanks Chrushev, casdegere, Airdefier, Alawen Everywhere! /bow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aww, I feel relieved of both the anxiety of using my limited internet and the sheer ignorance I had just yesterday of whether my internet connection & comp would support Project 1999 but now I know it does thanks to you guys.

I just installed Duxa's All in One Installer (that he has linked in his sig and I just bumped in the technical forum) to fix my quad-core issue & turned off my Vista 64-bit Aero as he reccommended somewhere in that long post(I believe).

Airdefied & Alawen Everywhere - It's great to know that project '99 works great on Android 3G tethered connections. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] This is because I am thinking of buying a Verizon Droid phone soon to use as my primary internet connection for everything & ditching my current $50 a month mobile broadband with the 5Gig/month DL limit - not only because verizon's smartphone internet usage plans are currently *unlimited* but also $20 a month cheaper than what I have now.
Last edited by Asteria; 03-13-2011 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Slight grammar mistake
Old 03-14-2011, 03:40 AM
Banned

I play on 64-bit Vista Ultimate.

Intel quad-core Q6600 CPU.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Looks like your problem is solved -- but just to throw out that I have had no trouble playing on T-Mobile's not-as-fast EDGE network...for some reason the 3G connection won't work on my blackberry even with max signal strength (/boggle).
Old 03-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had to pay $50 to get Titanium from an Amazon seller about a week ago...it was the cheapest I could find on the internet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ohh Asteria, it is available online through a torrent... for about $50 less. Advice to anyone and everyone, torrent it if you have the knowhow. I'm sure there's guides on how to do such things.
Closed Thread