Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 11:34 AM
Banned

A monk can solo LDCs in solB / hole entrance and then move on to the rat jail in hole to 60. Easily.

No other melee is going to come close to that.

Thinking a SK will go down to the undeads in hole and get good solo XP is a big stretch. Go ahead and struggle down there while the same level / equipment monk just plows through rats at a superb XP rate.
Last edited by kjs86z; 11-18-2020 at 11:39 AM..
Old 11-18-2020, 11:36 AM
Kobold

You're all wrong it's actually Shaman that is best melee.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A monk can solo LDCs in solB / hole entrance and then move on to the rat jail in hole to 60. Easily.

No other melee is going to come close to that.

Thinking a SK will go down to the undeads in hole and get good solo XP is a big stretch. Go ahead and struggle down there while the same level / equipment monk just plows through rats at a superb XP rate.
This actually goes to show just how much I don't actually know since I never play a character past 40 and only read these forums.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

I'd vote for Shadow Knight if the player is poorly-equipped, and Monk if you have top-end droppables. Bad-geared Monks took a serious hit with the combat bind wound removal. Shadow Knights can manage reliably even with mediocre equipment due to fear kiting, but it won't set any speed records. Most players will have pretty good stuff on P99-Blue, unless the player in question is a brand new player just starting out.

Danth
Old 11-18-2020, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

I’ve spent a ton of time soloing and did a monk to 60 almost exclusively soloing and my Pally is 55 from almost exclusively soloing.

I don’t see how you can make an argument that SK is going to solo better than a Pally unless you want to fear kite which sucks to do and also means you can’t solo in any dungeons. The downtime on an SK even if troll or Iksar is terrible. A Pally pops off 180 HP/tick regen using Deepwater BP and can do it in battle by casting a 20 mana root and backing up 3 steps. Add in that Pallys can handle adds far better than SK and it’s easy. Most dark blues that I solo take 60 mana which is the cost of Enstill and I’m back to full healthy 60-90 seconds after each kill. When exping on my Pally I can do 2-3 dark blues at a time and still have plenty of mana leftover by the time the fight finishes.

The general consensus in this thread is it is far and away Monk but from personal experience that’s just not the case. Monk may still be faster (I did mine before BW Nerf) but it’s not by much. My monk also has better gear than my Pally for what it is worth.
Old 11-18-2020, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

I don't play enough to have stuff like a DW bp...

so i would say troll in bronze is amazing

but yeah that is awesome Barlu, very impreessssed

i actually had one on my red pally before i quit last but gave it back to owner
Old 11-18-2020, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

I fear kite all my end levels in the hole... So yep, fear kiting is fine in dungeon... Named elemental? Fine, rock golems ? No problem... I wonder how well a monk solo the named clerics with their ch and 550 nukes... I agree that monk is probably better generally... But there's some case were a sk beat them
Old 11-18-2020, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fear kite all my end levels in the hole... So yep, fear kiting is fine in dungeon... Named elemental? Fine, rock golems ? No problem... I wonder how well a monk solo the named clerics with their ch and 550 nukes... I agree that monk is probably better generally... But there's some case were a sk beat them
Good point and definitely some dungeons that you can fear kite. You are 100% right about Monk solo in the hole though. When I leveled my Monk in the Hole it was before the exp bump but also before the bind wound Nerf and the push Nerf. Those Cleric mobs actually used to be great because they would just start healing at 40% and epic/SoS reliably interrupted that so they were easier than most if you had good MR. There was a great spot on the balcony where I solo’d a bunch of levels that would be way less efficient now.

Root Net Nerf also hurts the ability to kill the named there. Some have massive HP and I would blow up to 6 charges at times to kill Gibartik. Wasn’t a big deal back then could just flop to portal out and recharge in Paineel.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:04 PM
Banned

Rat jail in hole is the new LDCs.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I solo'd in the hole near the exit TP pads, the broken gate and up by GT from 58-60 on fungi, epic, tstaff monk w SS quest gear and I could easily kill all the named elementals. Bejeweled, Gibartik, Soulstone, muck covered elemental, and Stonegrinder are all doable.

For bejeweled elemental, harvester, Soulstone, and wizards, I'd throw on my resist set and could resist most of the spells. I had 8 totems of rolfron zek on me and if I saw Bejewled casting ice comet, rend, or soulstone/harvester's CHing, I could just stun them. Since I was near the tpad pad, when I was low on bandages or charges, I could run out to paineel in 15 seconds, recharge/buy, and flop back down in a matter of minutes.

The occasional blood flecked obsidian shard, fiery jewel, fire emerald ring, speckled granite pebble etc. was more than enough to cover operating costs and slowly make a little change.

I highly recommend these camps to monks. Just faction and bind in paineel first.
Closed Thread