Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 04:47 AM
Fire Giant

The paladin wins easily unless the sk can dodge and regen so well that the paladin runs out of mana. Talking lvl 60 both geared. HoT is too efficient
Old 12-18-2020, 06:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taking just the BEST Shadowknight Lifetap, and the BEST Direct heal a Paladin has and put them on paper:

Shadowknight:
Decrease Hitpoints by 332 (L49) to 338 (L50)
Casting Time 6.10
Mana 225

Paladin:
Superior Healing
1 : Increase Hitpoints by 565 (L34) to 583 (L40)
Casting Time 4.50
Mana 250

Factors involved:
Hybrid and PvP Penalties.
Life tap hits for 2/3, drains for 2/3.
Superior Heal heals for 524.

Baseline: Both Hybrids have 3500hp and 2500 mana, self buffed, fully dispelled. (In reality a Paladin should have 975hp more with self buffs, till pell'd but baseline is pelled as this is the best base to go off)

Disregarding fizzles:
Paladin can cast 10x Superior heals for 5240 health @ 45 seconds total cast time
Shadowknight can cast 11x life taps for 2464 damage and 2464 health (correct me if wrong on this round up, please) @ 67.1 seconds total.

So before both classes go OOM:

Paladin: 3500hp - 2464 + 5240 = 6276HP left over
Shadowknight = 3500HP left over

On raw Lifetap to Sup Heal spam a Paladin almost doubles it's health even with the damage from lifetap.

Now if buffs were protected and say golem wands weren't involved and a Paladin could use it's Heal over Time, it gets even worse.

There are lots of other factors involved but by bringing those in you also bring in Soulfire's and Reaper's and Lay on hands, and Harm Touch.

This is why my half geared NToV Paladin spanked the shit out of the 2 BiS Shadowknights on the server and made them plug 1v1. Wasn't me playing him but of any recent Red99 1v1 cases these were the best 2 examples.
u moran

why would u even do the math for superior healing?

a Smart paladin is gonna use celestial cleansing, cast time is too fast to pell it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tune what about a paladin with a fast bow? Unlimited DPS + unlimited health seems good? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If I didn't retire to mistmoore I would be interesting in trying it
cant use a weighted axe, wont matter.

u will still hit like poop while getting plunked by rapid 100s
Old 12-18-2020, 08:00 AM
Kobold

Click that circlet of shadow in between a weighted axe swings that paladin doesn't have a see invis item guarenfuck'ntee ya boy 95% success rate, maybe even pushing 96.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

pally getting dirtnapped
Old 12-18-2020, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

If pally is 60 without see invis vs circlet of shadow he’s just gunna take off.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:28 PM
Kobold

Lol Farzo running all these numbers because he is worried about losing buffs to a golem wand in a 1v1 wow this thread is dumb.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

I think heat blood or something like that is a more efficient way to burn a Pallies mana than those taps.

Thread is just more proof 1v1 gank pvp is just even more sillyness and shenanigans come velious.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

I think heat blood has to land, and also doesn't heal the SK.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think heat blood has to land, and also doesn't heal the SK.
Taps are horrible dps and don't do any healing if already full hp, and ya. Lol HB does. It does in vanilla and kunark still some.

@60 idk. I was a 60 cleric in kunark. I died 1v2 a lot to ppl dotting me, snaring, and running away to med.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like these threads are always packed full of people who have no clue what they're talking about. Pre-nerf CoS? Really? If you are talking about a gear or level imbalance then the subject is kind of pointless. There's also talk about strength disparity which is basically a non-issue after getting high end Velious gear.

First things first, if you have decently geared players forget about debuffs like roots and snares, those immediately go out the window. The SK isn't fearing the paladin and the paladin isn't flash of lighting the SK. (On a side note FoL is pretty OP against a person it would land on). This is going to be the case if you played EQ back in the day or any server where the resists code is similar. The one major question is going to be the effectiveness of lifetap. Is it coded to have the neg 200 modifier and how effective will it be when someone has higher MR?

The truth is the only thing people are probably going to cast at each other is dispells.

If you are talking about geared 60 players it's really just going to come down to mechanics of efficiency. Paly Celestial Cleansing which can be cast between rounds of jousting. A well played paladin can get 875 hpts out of 225 mana every time. The SK has the benefit that their heal deals damage but the mana efficiency is less, even when talking about heal and damage, and further reduced by PvP 2/3 reduction.

This also doesn't even take into account that Paladin's get way better buffs. I don't really play the game much anymore so I don't recall off the top of my head but I could self buff my Paladin to like 5500+ hpts and near 1600 AC. Throw on 14K in healing ability not even considering regen and soulfire.

Now if you talk about moving around a dungeon a SK will have superior mobility and will have advantages in breaking up camps. Equally geared their solo ability against one particular tough mob will be pretty similar.

If you talk about different points in time, like pre-celestial cleansing I suppose that's a different issue.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Closed Thread