Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 09:37 AM
Fire Giant

Default Why is the SRo AC implemented as a fixed spawn chance at 9pm?

No, I do not have all the logs that prove it, but I used to farm AC a lot in Velious era, and he spawned all over the night. So no matter whether or not killing the placeholder makes any difference at night, there was definitely a way to "push" the spawn time to somewhere later at night, depending on what you did in the daytime.

Why does the wiki even link to a claim of Nilbog that "it works just like that" (regarding the revealed eqlive spawn mechanism: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...4&postcount=57) when that is clearly not true (anymore)?

As things are, the p1999 AC (on green, at least) is a "newly invented" spawn loosely based on the classic ancient cyclops.

If we're inventing new spawns on p1999, can we put Quillmane on a static spawn time as well? And the gods? And dragons? Maybe just sell dragon loot for $$ directly from the staff?
Old 01-01-2021, 10:27 AM
Banned

They change the thing that a lot of people complain or fight over. You will have to pound sand with Quillmane.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:36 AM
Kobold

It works just like that
Old 01-01-2021, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Provide evidence that it used to work differently; that's how things get changed here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-01-2021, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Provide evidence that it used to work differently; that's how things get changed here.
I saw your attempts to get a more accurate wiki page. For what it's worth: the "non aggro" "a mummy" is currently not at all related to the AC. I followed it around like a puppy until 9pm, just to confirm / check whether it depops. An AC spawned at 9pm, but the "a mummy" (yes, the non aggro roamer, not the static spawn) was still up (partially why I didn't get the AC this time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

With regards to proving: I'd like to see the "evidence" that an AC can only spawn at 9pm, because - despite me not believing that just for people claiming it - I am now fairly certain that this is correct. I have a feeling the current mechanic was silently implemented to do someone a favor. Like leaking server spawn tables to guilds.
Old 01-01-2021, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

A live dev did a write up on the classic S Ro mechanics including plenty of details, such as spawn tables. I’m pretty sure the p1999 implementation is based on that.
Old 01-02-2021, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Irrc h2h used to do more dmg on non monks as its skill went up.

I remember punching bears for 4-10 dmg at max skill on my wizard. And maybe it went up x5+5 for everyone?

I need to research.
Old 01-02-2021, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

change the server to fit my incomplete 30 year old memory !
Old 01-02-2021, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A live dev did a write up on the classic S Ro mechanics including plenty of details, such as spawn tables. I’m pretty sure the p1999 implementation is based on that.
If you happen to have a link, it'd be great if we could add it to the wiki, to help dispel confusion (like the OP's) in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoucLangur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw your attempts to get a more accurate wiki page. For what it's worth: the "non aggro" "a mummy" is currently not at all related to the AC. I followed it around like a puppy until 9pm, just to confirm / check whether it depops. An AC spawned at 9pm, but the "a mummy" (yes, the non aggro roamer, not the static spawn) was still up (partially why I didn't get the AC this time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good to know; you should edit the wiki to say as much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-02-2021, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
change the server to fit my incomplete 30 year old memory !

But I regularly forget how old I really am.
Closed Thread