Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 11:48 AM
Orc

mages were shit and necros only needed them for their summoned weapons to give to the necro pet, why does no one else want to remember this
Old 10-06-2019, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metatron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
necro pets also used the atk speed of weps you gave them not sure if that is fixed
Just want to add my unverifiable 2 cents on this. I remember my Guild leader talking about that.. "if you want to be humbled /duel a necro pet that has mage summoned daggers"
Old 10-06-2019, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

wow this thread is hot garbage

Mages can level to 50 & 60 NAKED

Early days on green there will be a massive limitation on gearing. Add to that no kunark and no velious.

Mages are super great at launch

OP just doesn't like the class. Fine I get that but don't make up bs to push fake ideas.
I understand magician isn't for everyone, they have to reply on the strongest summoned pets in the game.

Mages at launch will have the strongest starting game because they don't require gear to progress further faster.

Erudite is the best starting mage race because it has a best Int giving more mana pool and any gear you add onto that will give you a huge advantage over every other race period. People seem to forget on purpose that classic gear isn't readily available or all that great.

This isn't velious people. You aren't going to be maxxing out stats yet.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-06-2019 at 02:33 PM..
Old 10-06-2019, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow this thread is hot garbage

Mages can level to 50 & 60 NAKED

Early days on green there will be a massive limitation on gearing. Add to that no kunark and no velious.

Mages are super great at launch

OP just doesn't like the class. Fine I get that but don't make up bs to push fake ideas.
I understand magician isn't for everyone, they have to reply on the strongest summoned pets in the game.

Mages at launch will have the strongest starting game because they don't require gear to progress further faster.

Erudite is the best starting mage race because it has a best Int giving more mana pool and any gear you add onto that will give you a huge advantage over every other race period. People seem to forget on purpose that classic gear isn't readily available or all that great.

This isn't velious people. You aren't going to be maxxing out stats yet.
Someone’s gone off the deep end this morning
Old 10-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages back then sucked.
cool story. prove it.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erudite is the best starting mage race because it has a best Int giving more mana pool and any gear you add onto that will give you a huge advantage over every other race period. People seem to forget on purpose that classic gear isn't readily available or all that great.[/I]
This is bad advice. The slightly higher int of the Erudite means very little for mages compared to, once Kunark drops, the ability to easily make use of Eye + CoTH.

So you should say "Erudite is the best race for a mage if you plan to quit before Kunark. Otherwise gnome is the best choice."
Old 10-06-2019, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

We are gonna be in classic for a year, so not all issues can be invalidated by Kunark. A year is a long long time.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Tenlaar this is a LAUNCH thread. sorry you wont have a good day 1 on green.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-06-2019 at 03:25 PM..
Old 10-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Kobold

One thing I remember playing in beta on live and at launch as a wizard with a mage RL friend was that their summon spells didn't always use malachite , I remember them costing more increasingly expensive regents. That is one thing that might slow them down in a way they are not on blue. Also Invis was able to be cast on anyone , even those outside your group. I remember in the lawless days "helping" mages who were engaged with mobs I wanted to kill with this spell until they left the area or ran out of gems to summon their OP pets with =)
Old 10-06-2019, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is bad advice. The slightly higher int of the Erudite means very little for mages compared to, once Kunark drops, the ability to easily make use of Eye + CoTH.
sorry, i'm a noob. What Eye?
Closed Thread