Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was actually told that killing the Guards in Paineel doesn't result in a faction hit to anything, so I could kill them forever and they'd never go KoS to me. Is this true?
The wiki seems to think they're a mix: the classic ones ...

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Buldoral
http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Lehlufa

don't give faction, while the ones with the new skeleton model do:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Heridion
http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Korlack

However, I didn't even think we had new skeleton models here, so I'm suspicious. It might just be that the "newbie guards" of Paineel give faction, while the rest of them don't?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-08-2020, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

I've never killed the noobie guards, but none of the guards I've killed after the elevator gave faction, and I've probably killed at least 80% of them at least once...

They are social, so guards will help other guards being attacked (as long as they're not green) but none of the other NPCs will jump in. There's a couple ghosts over by the necro guild that may join in, I never really camped those guys so I'm not sure.

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 06-08-2020, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

I think i killed all the guards in the city recently, no faction hits anywhere. The ones in the newbie yard take 3% damage from a wizard nuke so I guess circa 32k hp. A lot of work for a kite shield.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

You can still do soulfire turn in at dubious just get a friend to invis you when you are in the trade window prior to clicking trade
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Still scowling. I haven't even put a dent into Heretic faction yet. I'm trying to mix in some Smithy/Foodmaster kills, as they give 10 faction each.

I'm hoping to hit Amiable by 17, then all the guards in Paineel except for two will be blue to me and easy to fight. By then I'll have Parry as well. The latest I want to be in Paineel by is 20, as that's when I'll get Double Attack and can proc with Ghoulbane.

I don't think the 16's will get me high enough to transition to the 23-25's though. They'll likely green out before then, and I'll still be too weak to take on the 23+ guards.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

STILL Scowling. Spent 15 and 16 grinding nothing but Foodmaster and Smithy in the Warrens, haven't even broke through to Threatening. This is one hell of a grind, apparently.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, to be fair there are other ways to get into The Hole (eg. Ant's Potion and glitching through the door) ... but personally I hate trying to wiggle through that thing ... especially when you have a group with you, and they all manage to wiggle through just fine, so you feel like the idiot for not being able to ... so if nothing else you'll save on Ant Potions, and if you're like me you'll save a little sanity also.
Or you could, you know, befriend a Rogue (or be in a guild that has Rogue class members). But don't do this unless you're one of those rare outcasts who wish to play EQ in a highly unpopular cooperative play-style using the loathsome grouping mechanic.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or you could, you know, befriend a Rogue (or be in a guild that has Rogue class members). But don't do this unless you're one of those rare outcasts who wish to play EQ in a highly unpopular cooperative play-style using the loathsome grouping mechanic.
Is 100 enough to pick the door into The Hole? Bards would be an option too then?

I will grind this out though, one way or another. Just incase I have to go into the Hole alone and hunt that Keeper at level 60.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

Finally broke through to Threatening. Threatening is about halfway to Amiable right? 1,100 points from here to Amiable I think (if Amiable is indeed only +50).
Old 06-10-2020, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

Regarding the Hole key. Only one person needs to have it in the party. The rock swings open and everyone can swim in.