Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

QOL to blue will just make people more messed up when they get dumped to the afterlife server.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I miss the compass most, can we have that back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can buy one from a merchant or a crafty Gnome. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-05-2020, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

I agree the heads up display compass that works perfectly once your skills are maxed, was a really nice. I just started to use it when it was pulled from blue.

Then I just started to use spell lists when they were pulled from blue.

Basically I just took the time to get familiar with all the QOL features and then they were removed for maximum morale damage lol
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

So you wanna break the Golden Rule of P99 for a bunch of n00b tools?

If we are going to trade our soul with the crossroads demon at least let’s do it for gnome sk’s...
Old 03-06-2020, 12:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you wanna break the Golden Rule of P99 for a bunch of n00b tools?
Golden rule no longer applies to Blue. It applies to Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP coming on a little strong and definitely open to ridicule, however, I have to agree with him that one very useful QoL to blue, which wouldn't be game breaking in the least, would be the guild tool.
Oh, I knew no matter how I phrased it, I'd be ridiculed. I'm OK with that, LOL, not my first rodeo. But my point is, people can no longer bitch about classic, as the "Classic" server is now OFFICIALLY Green. So all this "classic Purists" can go criticize Green, and have no standing to criticize Blue any more. Also funny to note, the most loud critics of the "classic" argument, stopped playing long ago. But Bitchers must Bitch, fact of life.

My point was, none of these QoL suggestions will change any of the dynamics of the game itself. People aren't choosing to make it more complicated, they just want to play to have fun. IE: I'd love the raid and guild tool to track peeps. People have to do it on paper atm, and having the ALREADY built-in tools to do that, just let's them spend that time and effort actually playing and enjoying the game instead of having to do paperwork.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 03-06-2020, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Golden rule no longer applies to Blue. It applies to Green.
This based on the assumption green doesn't get wiped after it's reached completion.

I mean, low chance probably due to crying players but the devs (as far as I understand) have not ruled that out as a possibility...
Old 03-06-2020, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This based on the assumption green doesn't get wiped after it's reached completion.

I mean, low chance probably due to crying players but the devs (as far as I understand) have not ruled that out as a possibility...
That is very possible. However, I am assuming they have alternate plans in place, as they announced they will be introducing "Custom content" on Blue, now that Green is Official.

Based on that, my guess would be they are not going to merge with Blue when Green timeline runs it's course. That's why I suggested the QoL additions.

I just don't see anyone on Blue complaining, "I want this game to be more complicated and burdensome!"

So we have a compass. Now we don't have to spam Sense Heading all the time. So we have a guild tool. Now we don't have to continually ask, "Is SoandSo still in the guild." So we have a raid tool, so we don't have to ask, Did SoandSo leave the raid?" So we have a key ring. No we don't have to re-loot our keys each.....and...every...time. Just those little things that would save time and let us concentrate on game play and not tedium.

I personally would LOVE to see the Bazaar, as I am so tired of spending hours and hours in the EC tunnel, trying to sell stuff no one wants, and looking for things no one has for sale. Would be nice to step into bazaar, and do a /search and see right away what is and is not for sale. HOWEVER...I can certainly understand and respect peoples' concerns that this may affect social interaction. Wish there would be some way to address both concerns. I use ahungry when able, but it isn't the most reliable.

Autoloot is another thing Id like to see. Loot your stuff, and everything gets autolooted and put in its proper slot. (But this would need key ring in place first for obvious reasons.)

None of this stuff is gonna hurt the basics of current game play, it's more really about convenience and time savers. We've had 10 years of the "classic" limitations. Time to move on. Like I previously stated, those "purists" now can go to Green, where they can struggle in blissful limitations.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 03-06-2020, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

A non classic edition I would like is a vender in EC that players can sell stuff to which will sell back at a slight markup of normal EC prices. Like 20p for a sow pot, or 200p for a 10 dose sow pot.

Stuff like sow, regen, wart pots, farmable clickies, etc. Stuff like bronze/banded. Or lowbie weapons, so for example sell a firune brand to it for 50p and it sells it back at 150p. And it will keep a stock of these items as long as players make Sow pots and sell them to it, for like 10-11p. For example.

This would encourage people to do the rarer tradeskills or dump stuff on that vendor they would normally vendor elsewhere for newbies to get. They could skill up their cooking, smithing, JC, and make a small profit off the vendor. Nothing huge, probably worse prices then on-demand crafting for other PCs, but something.

The vendor would initially be blank and have no items for sale, this would probably have to be heavily scripted.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-06-2020 at 04:36 PM..
Old 03-06-2020, 10:02 PM
Skeleton

The server is called project 1999.

...... 19...99
Old 03-07-2020, 01:15 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread