Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 09:39 PM
Kobold

Monks have a higher dodge cap than warriors so with high end raid gear they can tank fine as long as defensive isn't needed. This was exhibited during luclin where monks could easily tank more than half of VT bosses since they couldn't be one rounded and the fights were too long for defensive to matter. Hence, the nerf.

Quote:
. And I've never heard of a monk soloing a WW dragon or even an ice burrower like any epic druid can manage
https://youtu.be/AuXyehAuWss
Last edited by Ligma; 09-07-2019 at 09:42 PM..
Old 09-08-2019, 03:59 AM
Fire Giant

A best in slot monk can tank any mob in the game if it's slowed.. fist of nature and gharns generates a fuck load of agro. Aikons has emergency tanked more than once.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

A monk that nobody has did a thing once

/wow
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is nothing that can match a 35% damage reduction for 3 minutes that is on a 10 minute cool down. It's so stupidly out of character for how discs work for every other class that it really makes me wonder WTF Verant/Sony was thinking... It doesn't make sense how out of line it is with every other Disc even in the slightest.

EDIT: Add to that that SK and Pal dont get it and it REALLY makes no sense
I mean it makes a lot of sense if you designed a game where the main tank is not the main tank and all you have to do is add 1 disc to make it the quintessential main tank that it was intended to be when they designed the class.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:56 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks have a higher dodge cap than warriors so with high end raid gear they can tank fine as long as defensive isn't needed. This was exhibited during luclin where monks could easily tank more than half of VT bosses since they couldn't be one rounded and the fights were too long for defensive to matter. Hence, the nerf.

https://youtu.be/AuXyehAuWss
Thanks for the explanation re VT and link - enjoyed watching it. Kelz is truly a beast.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

A 60 warrior in Kunark gear will still tank better than a 60 monk with velious BiS, because /disc defensive.

End of thread.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A 60 warrior in Kunark gear will still tank better than a 60 monk with velious BiS, because /disc defensive.

End of thread.
'Kunark gear' is real loose. Also depends on target. We've seen 32k dragons disolve in under a minute. Gone in seconds. I bet a stonestance velious BiS monk outperforms a cookie-cutter Kunark war under such conditions. Of course in such a situation whosoever tanks is largely unimportant, let alone being 'the better tank'.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

Stonestance only lasts 12 seconds.

Evasive / Defensive would last the whole fight.

Warriors also get a riposte disc for 9 seconds and a dodge disc for the same. 100% mitigation.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stonestance only lasts 12 seconds.

Evasive / Defensive would last the whole fight.

Warriors also get a riposte disc for 9 seconds and a dodge disc for the same. 100% mitigation.
I think you'll find on 10 years of velious, against 32k dragons 12 seconds is the whole foght, darling.

You raise a good point about deftdance, weaponshield, furious and rogues don't ever use anything other than dps disc though.
Closed Thread