Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 11:30 AM
Kobold

I was very stoked for this patch.
I was very dissapointed, my meljedins hit max at 250dmg 45/38 but my weighted axe at 45/150 hit for 350dmg...
so there is a bonus for very slow weapons but it is WAAAAAY lower than in classic, or they changed it further in Luclin.
I was looking to hit 500+ and getting my SK epic over 300dmg. No, my expectations were halted. To add insult to injury the delay on the new weapon is chared with the former weapon so you can't start combat with weighted axe, luck out a 1kdmg double attack, swap over to standard weapon and start chewing...
Guess that came in Luclin...
Glad for you guys who enjoy what you got, I'm done
Old 09-13-2019, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycohunden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was very dissapointed, my meljedins hit max at 250dmg 45/38 but my weighted axe at 45/150 hit for 350dmg...
so there is a bonus for very slow weapons but it is WAAAAAY lower than in classic, or they changed it further in Luclin.
I was looking to hit 500+ and getting my SK epic over 300dmg. No, my expectations were halted. To add insult to injury the delay on the new weapon is chared with the former weapon so you can't start combat with weighted axe, luck out a 1kdmg double attack, swap over to standard weapon and start chewing...
Damn man, your expectations were WAY too high, lol.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn man, your expectations were WAY too high, lol.
This made me scream laugh. Been a hard day; thanks for brightening it a little.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycohunden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so there is a bonus for very slow weapons
Wonder if this actually means Natures Defender is equal to the Fiery Defender now, given the slight +delay. Either way, it sounds like root jousting has become more viable and Earthshaker just went up in value.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

30% damn, anyone have palladius and tunare sword parses yet?
Old 09-13-2019, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wonder if this actually means Natures Defender is equal to the Fiery Defender now, given the slight +delay. Either way, it sounds like root jousting has become more viable and Earthshaker just went up in value.
Epic used to be 6.7% better. It’s still better but by a smaller margin of only like 3.1%. 46 delay is a sweet spot with 40dmg bonus. 40 delay has 34 which is a bit worse even though it swings faster.

I prefer the slower delay, graphic. and the 45ac over epic, but if I had both I’d always use epic for the bash.

Prior to patch I was always torn. 27/29 hate blade and ND damage were really close with ND usually winning only thanks the the proc. 2hand damage for me is now significantly better so the choice is easier.

-45ac means more mitigation than 25ac on my shield
-46 delay so far fewer ripostes
-proc is nice for aggro
-ND is much more dps

Shield/sword now only come out if I need to bash a caster or if I need to low aggro dps as I don’t have a comparable ratio 2hander without a proc.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-13-2019, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
30% damn, anyone have palladius and tunare sword parses yet?
I'm too lazy. Log on your own trophy and swing at shit for some hours. Report back what you learn please.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm too lazy. Log on your own trophy and swing at shit for some hours. Report back what you learn please.
How am I going to get to 60 in wow classic if I'm suckering myself back into my p99 addiction, I need other ppl to do it for me!
Old 09-13-2019, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If your entire reason for quitting eq is that the 2h dmg patch doesnt do enough dmg for your liking you should prob seek help
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your entire reason for quitting eq is that the 2h dmg patch doesnt do enough dmg for your liking you should prob seek help
Any reason to stop smoking crack is a good reason, don't listen to this guy