Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 01:03 PM
Aviak

This thread is disgusting and Baler is a virgin.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nearly all the "old" people I've talked to have interested if i've found a girl to love.

As per off topic.. Why are old people interested if young people find love?
I think they are probably genuinely interested in your well being, while at the same time trying to relive the best parts of their own lives.

"It is not good that the man should be alone."

My best buddy just hit 35, still single from birth, with interest in girls but an inability to get any of them. Throughout college it didnt seem like all that big of a deal because we were still young, but now hes old enough that his awkwardness isn't "cute/funny" anymore. He is he is the textbook definition of an incel. He is just plain awkward around people and around women he is even worse. Living a sexless, loveless life has to be one of the most difficult challenges anyone can go through.

So to reiterate, they probably want to ask because they know that of all the things that have brought them joy in this life, loving relationships, romance and sex top the charts.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

I think there's a survival of the species drive behind the behavior. I definitely got questioned a lot through my 20s why I wasn't being the cocksman my best friend told me he'd be if he looked like me. I tried flirting with this drunk chick one night out with him and she was DTF, but it felt hollow and like I was just going through motions - a peacock waving it's plummage around. I passed.

Another time I was trying to comfort this woman I met who had just broken up with her bf. She falls in love with me and wants to cook me dinner because my 'im not hitting on you' routine was apparently a really good way to hit on her. Friend called her up later to clarify that I was, in fact, not hitting on her.

Funny looking back and seeing all the potential opportunities for relationships I killed with my withering apathy. That one girl who lived near Kara. My sister's ex-friend. My co-worker at pizzahut. My co-worker at Ledos. The other co-worker at Ledos who wanted me to go to prom with her. The waitress who got fired from Ledos the night I got fired from Ledos. Two single moms in college. Currently withering away affection of enby chick, which sucks because I think I am in love, but I'm still not in a place where I want to subject someone else to me.

I actually like being alone, or at least I prefer the homeostasis of it. The fling I had with my BF last year was about as happy as I've ever been and that made the breakup hurt worse.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-26-2019 at 03:35 PM..
Old 10-26-2019, 03:43 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-26-2019, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think there's a survival of the species drive behind the behavior. I definitely got questioned a lot through my 20s why I wasn't being the cocksman my best friend told me he'd be if he looked like me. I tried flirting with this drunk chick one night out with him and she was DTF, but it felt hollow and like I was just going through motions - a peacock waving it's plummage around. I passed.

Another time I was trying to comfort this woman I met who had just broken up with her bf. She falls in love with me and wants to cook me dinner because my 'im not hitting on you' routine was apparently a really good way to hit on her. Friend called her up later to clarify that I was, in fact, not hitting on her.

Funny looking back and seeing all the potential opportunities for relationships I killed with my withering apathy. That one girl who lived near Kara. My sister's ex-friend. My co-worker at pizzahut. My co-worker at Ledos. The other co-worker at Ledos who wanted me to go to prom with her. The waitress who got fired from Ledos the night I got fired from Ledos. Two single moms in college. Currently withering away affection of enby chick, which sucks because I think I am in love, but I'm still not in a place where I want to subject someone else to me.

I actually like being alone, or at least I prefer the homeostasis of it. The fling I had with my BF last year was about as happy as I've ever been and that made the breakup hurt worse.
Thanks for sharing. This is a side of you that I havent heard before.

Relationships come with a cost. I look at my friend that is single and 35, vs myself that is married with 3 kids and sometimes i am envious of the relatively care free life he seems to enjoy. But I wouldnt trade it for what I have. It is possible that enjoyment can be found in solitude, but overall, we are meant to couple.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but overall, we are meant to couple.
The philosophical id of it's a man's obligation to stick his...

Very good.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The philosophical id of it's a man's obligation to stick his...

Very good.
He’s right and you know it. Your lanky ass probably has a girlfriend with a Seahawks tattoo on her butt. What the fuck else are you gonna do in Tacoma or wherever you live?
Old 10-26-2019, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’s right and you know it. Your lanky ass probably has a girlfriend with a Seahawks tattoo on her butt. What the fuck else are you gonna do in Tacoma or wherever you live?
the fact that you picked up on the subtext means you are predisposed to homosexuality
Old 10-27-2019, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the fact that you picked up on the subtext means you are predisposed to homosexuality
I wish
Old 10-29-2019, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hold up Patriam, you talkin about my hood now.....
Closed Thread