Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Default Camp Check

A camp check is a courtesy to ME so I don't have to run around the zone looking for a camp.

A camp check is not a mechanism for YOU to claim the camp.

I say this because I've been involved in some of the most desired non-/list camps in the game, and some people think that you can claim a camp over /ooc. In order to claim the camp, you have to be involved in it. If I come up on the PH and it's just sitting there and you're nowhere in sight, that's not your camp. I'm a courteous guy so I'll wait a minute or two in case you ran off to test your pet or maybe sell something to a nearby player. But if I kill the PH and you show up five minutes later with an exciting story about zoning out or being afk because baby vomit and ask me why I didn't do a cc to see if the camp was free, well then that is just embarrassing for everyone involved.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Agreed
Old 12-20-2019, 11:28 AM
Banned

if a ph is up for 2 or more minutes camps up
Old 12-20-2019, 11:56 AM
Kobold

I have had a couple incidents lately of people rolling up to a camp I am actively camping, like killing mobs, and they just start pulling without saying Hi or asking what's up or if the camp is free or anything. I got into an unpleasant argument where these two players insisted they were there first even though I had already starting pulling and killing. I don't doubt that they may have *believed* they were there first, but doing a polite camp check before pulling stuff is the way to avoid these things.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:57 AM
Kobold

In turn I don't call out CC until I'm at the camp. Early CC can alert competition to claim it first.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

You guys have a sickness
Old 12-20-2019, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if a ph is up for 2 or more minutes camps up
Unless someone is sitting there finishing up medding to take it down
Old 12-20-2019, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

I've noticed a lot of ppl calling camps in CC.. like a group will have each person call out a different camp. And then you see a lvl 50 running around single pulling the nameds or PHs to that group which is sitting in a far corner of the zone. It's like 7 ppl in zone.. everything's camped? Wut?
Old 12-20-2019, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've noticed a lot of ppl calling camps in CC.. like a group will have each person call out a different camp. And then you see a lvl 50 running around single pulling the nameds or PHs to that group which is sitting in a far corner of the zone. It's like 7 ppl in zone.. everything's camped? Wut?
That's plainly illegal. It's not one spawn point or camp per person. It's one spawn point or camp per group. You can have a group of one or six, doesn't matter.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Link some of the videos you made of yourself playing everquest
I don't have any