Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 01:26 AM
Sarnak

I wish they'd say at least what guild this person belonged to because I have a feeling I already know.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is with all this drama about ports.

Y’all need boats.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:30 AM
Orc

Rants and Flames section
Old 01-06-2020, 04:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have to say, I've always played a wizard, and I have always enjoyed porting people greatly, meeting them, making friends, having a good time, getting to know certain people through it, helping people out. I have never had an issue porting lower levels, or a small tip here and there cause someone is broke, I totally get it. But lately... Some times i go through 20 ports, some people max level, and don't get over 10 plat from people, and i don't say a word, but you better believe it makes me throw on anon a lot, and thats something I NEVER did before recently.

It discourages you from wanting to port people, not that its about money, but its about the gaming experience, if i can make more, exp, and make more friends grouping or roaming, why would i want to port people? the initiative is never required, but it certainly makes it more worth peoples time, i give 15 plat tips for clarity and sow some times 20, ports i give 50 on my alts, and hes only level 35. Its just common courtesy is all, but helping people out is always a priority to an extent of their niceness as a person.
Last edited by thesoundofmerk; 01-06-2020 at 04:19 AM..
Old 01-06-2020, 04:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a DAP member on Blue, your rant is inappropriate and does not follow the mission or rules of DAP. You are not permitted to set a minimum tip. You are also not permitted to rant about lack of tip on a public forum. You're welcome to rant in DAP guild chat instead.

Also, my apologies to those who utilize DAP services. This locker room talk should be contained within the guild.
Reciprocity is a fundamental trait of being human. So is gossip to ensure as much.

You stay quiet? We all lose.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 01-06-2020, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

There's no shame - only awareness. Post the name so I can clarity blacklist to allow the karma to flow.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It was one person maybe they forgot. I can’t imagine being so upset that I would make a long forum post about this lmao. Extremely petty. Why isn’t this in RnF
Old 01-06-2020, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CD288.. just saying peeps have 40k already on teal.. some have wayy more.. 1pp per lvl isnt hard to get.. thats what 8 FS wps...
Any many people have very little plat as well. It's also very dependent on class. A level 20 Warrior isn't farming much plat.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoundofmerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to say, I've always played a wizard, and I have always enjoyed porting people greatly, meeting them, making friends, having a good time, getting to know certain people through it, helping people out. I have never had an issue porting lower levels, or a small tip here and there cause someone is broke, I totally get it. But lately... Some times i go through 20 ports, some people max level, and don't get over 10 plat from people, and i don't say a word, but you better believe it makes me throw on anon a lot, and thats something I NEVER did before recently.

It discourages you from wanting to port people, not that its about money, but its about the gaming experience, if i can make more, exp, and make more friends grouping or roaming, why would i want to port people? the initiative is never required, but it certainly makes it more worth peoples time, i give 15 plat tips for clarity and sow some times 20, ports i give 50 on my alts, and hes only level 35. Its just common courtesy is all, but helping people out is always a priority to an extent of their niceness as a person.
Fair points, but you're giving out that kind of money because you can make that kind of money. Porting and quad kiting you can obviously make a pretty penny. I'm maining a Rogue on Green and you think I have money to tip people 20+ plat for SoW? Lol. I can't really farm a lot of plat solo, and in groups I'm of course limited by the amount of weight I have to spare (once I hit the limit, I'm not looting much if anything because I don't want to be encumbered and also can't leave the group to go sell); so the amount of money I can make is relatively limited.
Old 01-06-2020, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

More evidence that DAP is a cartel of crooks. Getting stiffed on a port sucks for sure, but the idiot retards who pay you 50pp for a port more than make up for the low lives so stop your bitching.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread