Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if no one follows the rules then it's ok to break them. Strong logic from a bunch of 40 year olds
See swish making multiple accounts to circumvent ban on these forums. Nothing ever happens. We were talking about someone's elf name here.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if no one follows the rules then it's ok to break them. Strong logic from a bunch of 40 year olds
Or the rules could be loosened not to include harmless things, because being a hardass on an emulator 20-years later seems unnecessary. If a guy wants to name his Rogue 'Gimmeall Demgems' why make a big deal out of it? Let him enjoy himself... there's a lot worse things happening just outside your doors.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or the rules could be loosened not to include harmless things, because being a hardass on an emulator 20-years later seems unnecessary. If a guy wants to name his Rogue 'Gimmeall Demgems' why make a big deal out of it? Let him enjoy himself... there's a lot worse things happening just outside your doors.

Naw naw

Also I have a batch of close too 100 name violations can we post them publicly or do they have to be submitted in private?

The 2 above postets are over 30 years of age and mad. Sorry you don't wanna follow the rules. Don't play here then.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:14 PM
Sarnak

What is with this ageism? I'm in my 30s and am against dumb and silly names.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

He played on red? Lol
Old 01-14-2020, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Also I have a batch of close too 100 name violations can we post them publicly or do they have to be submitted in private?
Use the Petition forum, which is private to you and staff. Staff frown on publicly posting the contents of a petition.

Here’s what Saint Baler told me, blessed be his hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler
There are two ways. You can send a list in a petition to the staff. They'll pick through it and keep an eye out for ones that actually violate the naming policy. Like I saw a DE necro with miss spelled nword on day. They got him within an hour. The other way is to report people as you see them in game with /petition.

people knew I had done it when I publicly posted the same list I petitioned with the staff. (something you should never do. petition then publicly post about that petition)

Llandris was my hero and took down a bunch of immersion breaks. Then people got their panties in a bunch and there was a big backlash on the forums.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could talk to the staff about changing the rules. With the rules as-is, though, they should be respected.

There are some name violations I don’t mind, and even some I like. Each of us must choose where to draw the line. You are welcome to petition only vulgar names, or none at all. If everyone petitions the worst 1% of the bad names they see, we’ll have a more fantastic Norrath.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Naw naw

The 2 above postets are over 30 years of age and mad. Sorry you don't wanna follow the rules. Don't play here then.
Sweet Jesus, post those publicly. I'm not nearly mad enough to furiously scribble down the names of 100 strangers little tongue-in-cheek character names on a 20-year-old Elf simulator. Show me what true rage looks like.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have an erudite necromancer named Odarth Eldritch. Am I okay, or should I re-roll?
Old 01-14-2020, 05:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I, for one, greatly enjoyed grouping with Vageena Clamsmasher recently. High immersion levels all around.