Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 04:55 AM
Planar Protector

Grumph's was awesome with using different models to color in the different parts.

The sheer scale of Aka's is crazy.

How long did that take you to assemble Aka? Like how many real life hours?
Old 01-18-2020, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK, after a few days working on it I'm calling my corpse skeleton finished (in other words, I'm tired of jumping repeatedly to my death).

I wanted to recreated the classic EQ skeleton, complete with a speech bubble saying 'ha ha ha!'. The naked male high elf seemed like the perfect color, and when oriented correctly the dark feet give almost a drop-shadow/3d effect... at least that's what I was going for!

Based roughly on the number of stacks of fishing grubs used (one grub per corpse), I estimate the body count at 700+. It ended up being larger than I originally planned and the kelethin platforms are above it, so in order to get a good straight-down view I had to combine three screenshots.

I recommend watching the video to get a better sense of it, or even better: go see it in person. It's in Kelethin on Blue. As of the time of this post, it's got a little over three days before it starts disappearing. Just head NW from the PoD lift until your framerate drops. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway, here it is:

Video: The Kelethin Skeleton

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
UNHOLY moly
ftfy <3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-18-2020, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

WOW.

Grats I hope
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 01-18-2020, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK, after a few days working on it I'm calling my corpse skeleton finished (in other words, I'm tired of jumping repeatedly to my death).

I wanted to recreated the classic EQ skeleton, complete with a speech bubble saying 'ha ha ha!'. The naked male high elf seemed like the perfect color, and when oriented correctly the dark feet give almost a drop-shadow/3d effect... at least that's what I was going for!

Based roughly on the number of stacks of fishing grubs used (one grub per corpse), I estimate the body count at 700+. It ended up being larger than I originally planned and the kelethin platforms are above it, so in order to get a good straight-down view I had to combine three screenshots.

I recommend watching the video to get a better sense of it, or even better: go see it in person. It's in Kelethin on Blue. As of the time of this post, it's got a little over three days before it starts disappearing. Just head NW from the PoD lift until your framerate drops. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway, here it is:

Video: The Kelethin Skeleton

Skeletons do not “ha ha ha”, they “he he he”. Do it over you failure
Old 01-19-2020, 08:44 AM
Large Bat

Good job.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grumph's was awesome with using different models to color in the different parts.

I didn't keep very close track of time, so I'm afraid I couldn't give you an exact number of hours. Before I really even started I spent a couple evenings messing around with the location and procedure before finally settling on this. Once I started in earnest, I spent four evenings and part of two days working on it. I can definitely tell you that making all the corpses took longer than arranging them, though neither was what you'd call quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skeletons do not “ha ha ha”, they “he he he”. Do it over you failure
Dang it! Back to the drawing board. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2020, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

lol wow. this is getting good.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 01-19-2020, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealmd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yup everyone else can stop trying haha. Thats insanely good, props to you good sir
idk man. everyone said that about the guy who made the sweet one before it. it's not over yet! keep submitting. @ Grumph - you're up buddy. HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Last edited by supermonk; 01-19-2020 at 01:27 PM..
Old 01-19-2020, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

probably significantly less hours than it would be if he were to farm plat or obtain dkp for an AoN the conventional way

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 01-20-2020, 12:20 PM
Kobold

I thought I had my next attempt all mapped out:

Capture6.jpg

But then Aka just raised the game so high. I've gotta go back to the drawing board.

Maybe something like this...

Capture7.JPG
Closed Thread