Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Default chronic depression, overmedication, EQ, and you (well, me)

Hi there. On Monday afternoon I picked up my SSRIs/other meds/adderall and logged into p99 around 4pm PST. Decided to level up my 2nd and only other toon, a level 30 delf rogue. Well. I went to HHK, after vehemently and stubbornly refusing to level in a tiny overpacked zone. So what happened? Well, ignorance lost out, and I realized how ridiculous the ZEM bonus and respawn times here were. (ps 99% sure neither of those were classic at least not to the degree here, but hey, green isn't classic either despite your fantasies...)

24-26 hours later, I hadn't slept or eaten yet, and was level 43. 13 levels overnight/day, SOLO, in a zone with bonuses like centrally located, nearly every vendor need, and a bank. Amazing what a zero-danger XP grind zone this little butthole of Norrath is - very surprised I never checked it out at all on Live back in 00-01. The only little thing saving this place from being nerfed is that there just aren't enough mobs to share with everybody and due to the multiple-story linear nature of the building, some AMAZING trains can happen.

That's not even starting on some ambitious ideas HH Pass uses in regards to the attacking orcs and gnolls --- if you kill off the guards at the post, both will run rampant all over until sufficient respawns. Picked up two DA idols today completely by accident cos those orcs ran all the way thru to the mini castle. Pretty cool stuff; some WoW ideas before WoW came, I guess.

What was this post about?

Anybody wanna be my girlfriend?

Anyway, long story short, even after 20 years, it's still so easy for me to fall into a goal-chain of items/quests/things and trade 6 hours for 6 new levels... really kinda frustrating. defeating. depressing. MAKE ME BELIEVE I CAN LET LOOSE THESE CHIPPED BONE BRACELET SHACKLES

P P S what % of raiding guilds on p99 do you think use stimulants to avoid sleep? 10% 20? 50? just me? thx buds
Old 09-26-2019, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

People binge Netflix all the time and don’t feel bad, so why should you? Yesterday has passed, focus on the next day. Maybe balance it out with some friends/family/outdoor activity.

Here’s a Good YouTube channel for general life advice from a previous gamer/introvert.

https://www.youtube.com/user/how2beast
Old 09-26-2019, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

High hold keep is beautiful.

Lots of depression associated with everquest and games like this and the lifestyles that they can encourage.

Try to enjoy both life and everquest.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Addiction displacement is real and common.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

I can relate! I suffered from chronic depression for a long time! I know how you feel as I just took off for a week for WoW Classic launch. After the 3rd day of spending 12 hours a day playing, I started questioning if I was spending my time in the correct manner.

Ten years ago, I would have probably become frightened and start to go into a panic attack. However, now, I just think about the fact that this is a hobby. There is NO DIFFERENCE between this and going out and playing basketball or going out and imbibing alcohol with other humans to the point of intoxication. If the latter is accepted, then the world has a horrible outlook on what is an accepted way to spend your time.

If this makes you happy, then spend all the time you want doing it and NEVER regret it!
Old 09-26-2019, 04:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Addiction displacement is real and common.
Indeed. Glad my drunk-every-night-for-3-yrs habit is dead and buried, but probably why I decided to look up P1999 on a whim. My first and strongest drug :P Made RL family life bearable. I'm a cannabis person now, but even have started turning the corner on that habit. Just isn't as fun anymore. Cheers.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeffo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a cannabis person now, but even have started turning the corner on that habit. Just isn't as fun anymore. Cheers.
Not fun anymore? Are you sure that you're doing it right?
Old 09-26-2019, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeffo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Monday afternoon I picked up my SSRIs/other meds/adderall
Quote:
24-26 hours later, I hadn't slept or eaten yet, and was level 43.
Something makes me think you're not taking your medication as directed ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

1k pp per hour, ill RP a chick. dm me the deets.

*Baler grins evilly.*
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

adderall is hell of a drug
Closed Thread