Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Default Sneak pulling?

Can someone give me a summary on sneak pulling? I understand it was mega non classic on P99 for a long time, and now it is disabled.

I heard that it was usable by Clerics to some high degree before being nerfed because it worked as a sort of standing harmony / pacify type effect so aggrod mobs wouldn't pull their friends into battle.

Can someone confirm that this WAS the case but is no longer the case?

Thinking about cleric action on green and if I am going to be a halfling again.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

basically if you were sneek, and there were 2 mobs that were facing away from you standing side by side, and you used a thrown wep to pull one of those 2 creatures, it would pull only 1, not both.

So like you FD, 8 mobs path away, sneak/standup, you shoot the one in the back, and only that one comes.

Was so fun and stupidly OP lol
Old 10-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting. I guess for a time it compensated for bad pathing making regular FD pull breaks very difficult.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:37 PM
Aviak

If you throw a ranged item at a group of mobs and strafe behind a wall before the ranged item hits a mob, then it will come solo.

For example, if there are 3 mobs close together, you throw something at one of them and strafe behind a wall before the damage gets done.

The mob will come in solo.

The sneak/hide aspect works the same way. If you throw some shit at a mob, and then hide before it hits the mob, it will come solo. If the other mobs can't see you when you do the damage, they won't aggro.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBait01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you throw a ranged item at a group of mobs and strafe behind a wall before the ranged item hits a mob, then it will come solo.

For example, if there are 3 mobs close together, you throw something at one of them and strafe behind a wall before the damage gets done.

The mob will come in solo.

The sneak/hide aspect works the same way. If you throw some shit at a mob, and then hide before it hits the mob, it will come solo. If the other mobs can't see you when you do the damage, they won't aggro.
I'm so confused, you're talking about stuff that never was in p99 and hide/invis pulling and mixing it with some sneak pulling, let it be known these are completely different. Also what was never around during p99 sneak pulls was thrown item delay. It was instant. Monks with javs or daggers were like sharks with freakin laser beams on the heads

Sneak pulling was wild back in the day. There was also hide and invis pulls which are completely different.