Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 10:40 PM
Orc

Default Who else loves Unrest drama?

I've seen a lot of shit go down in that zone, but watching a 49 mage pull the entire yard (probably to power level a friend) definitely takes the cake for anything recent.

Was being a total dick to me when I tried talking to him about it too.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Name him, shame him... and screenshots of tells are always good.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:47 PM
Orc

Sizzelz in guild Ironborn. Here's a pic.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2020, 10:51 PM
Orc

Sorry, the name is Sizzlez*
Old 01-04-2020, 10:53 PM
Fire Giant

+1 for proper name and shame.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 01-04-2020, 11:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You would probably get better results if you entered into it without hostility at first.

Instead of "why?", maybe...

"Hey man, I saw that you pulled the entire yard. We're also trying to level over here, so if you could leave enough for us to handle before med breaks, and you take the excess, we would really appreciate it. Does that sound pretty fair?"

And you can add in a "Since we were here first, and we're pretty much level appropriate for the zone." if that's true. Always be open to some sort of solution.

No doubt this sort of reasonable, level headed question won't work on many people playing this game, but it will definitely work on some, and solving at least some of your problems with diplomacy is better than solving none, I would think.

And before you ask, no, that isn't me. Just offering unsolicited (but good) advice.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:32 PM
Sarnak

Unrest is such a shitshow. There's gear there I wanted and to this day some gear I still want from there, but that place is so awful I've mostly stayed clear of it. The first time I was there, my FP group unfortunately had to train two times. This I guess disrupted the main room 1st floor group and one of them was throwing a hissy fit and accusing us a pulling a "ton" of trains (I guess other people were training also and he was blaming those on us). This unfortunately brought out the ugly in me and I retorted with insults to the guy, which I regret. He of course badmouths me to all his friends saying I just purposefully pull a lot of trains which wasn't true at all, the two trains weren't even my fault. I came back a second time and wanted to check out the barkeep and didn't realize there were living mobs up there that would see through IVU so I did personally have to do a train which got someone killed so that just reinforced the idea.

Gave up on Unrest then came back a third time way later to check out priest of najena to find some Kingdom asshole stirring up drama, as is usual for their kind it seems.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirrund [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would probably get better results if you entered into it without hostility at first.

"Hey man, I saw that you pulled the entire yard. We're also trying to level over here, so if you could leave enough for us to handle before med breaks, and you take the excess, we would really appreciate it. Does that sound pretty fair?"

And you can add in a "Since we were here first, and we're pretty much level appropriate for the zone." if that's true. Always be open to some sort of solution.

No doubt this sort of reasonable, level headed question won't work on many people playing this game, but it will definitely work on some, and solving at least some of your problems with diplomacy is better than solving none, I would think.

And before you ask, no, that isn't me. Just offering unsolicited (but good) advice.
Sometimes an act is so apparently dickish though that it moves beyond ‘pleasant discourse.’ Like if someone pushes you out of the way in line at the grocery store and takes your spot, you’re not going to simply tap them on the shoulder and say “pardon sir. I can’t help but notice you taking the spot that I most recently had been occupying. It would be most accommodating if I could persuade you to perhaps let me resume my tenure at the aforementioned position in line?”

No. You’re going to say WTF and probably get into it then and there. People should know better in certain situations. OP was right to go on the offensive with him.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirrund [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah let's just negotiate with our rapist we gotta be sensible about this 🙃
Old 01-05-2020, 12:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes an act is so apparently dickish though that it moves beyond ‘pleasant discourse.’ Like if someone pushes you out of the way in line at the grocery store and takes your spot, you’re not going to simply tap them on the shoulder and say “pardon sir. I can’t help but notice you taking the spot that I most recently had been occupying. It would be most accommodating if I could persuade you to perhaps let me resume my tenure at the aforementioned position in line?”

No. You’re going to say WTF and probably get into it then and there. People should know better in certain situations. OP was right to go on the offensive with him.
Sure, I agree with you, but that's not what happened. There's a few places to camp to pull from the yard, and maybe this guy just didn't see the group? He even said he left some. It could have been an honest mistake, so I tend to try to err on the side of solving a problem before one begins.

Your example would be more like camping a PH for a spawn and someone coming up and just KS'ing you because they wanted it. Something like that, you are right when people know they are being a dick (or should know). Anyway, all I'm saying on the subject.
Closed Thread