Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Red
Old 05-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

GoT names cool

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:56 PM
Aviak

As an enchanter nearing the end of their epic I really hope a clear rule is made in regards to these mobs. I really don't want to camp these mob for 2-5 days days and then not be sure how to properly engage them.

Everything I've read on the forums and heard from other enchanters in game is that these mobs are FTE.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesThaDogg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for posting this! I'm surprised, but it sounds pretty official to me.

Someone is probably going to have to put a petition thread in again to clarify this, but I imagine a level 1 camping at VT/VD will not qualify. I can't think of any camps where you can say you're holding the camp with a character that cannot possibly kill the mob
Old 05-01-2019, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

To me pretty much anything not on the GM list or covered by player agreement or with special FTE added (lodi/kozz...) can be claimed as camp, including VT, VD, SF and such... Obviously you can't claim to hold a camp with a lvl1 "verinatombspy", you need a kill force for that...
Old 05-01-2019, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Staff ruling on if you can “camp” vt/vd with a lvl 1 bot?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:17 PM
Fire Giant

Selling "loot rights" should just be a bannable offense. MQing should be banned too, would make it far less desirable for people to lock down camps they don't personally need.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:36 PM
Sarnak

Yeah what do you actually need to claim the camp then? Can you track with a level one, then when it pop take 30 min or more to find people to help you kill it?
Not many enchanters are able to solo that fight from what I've seen. That ruling will bring a lot of drama.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:52 AM
Orc

What level do you have to be to claim the camp then? A lvl 57 enchanter really has no way of soloing Verina but that is not an unreasonable level to be looking for epic pieces. Do you need more than 1 person to claim the camp? How long do you have to gather people after a spawn?
Old 05-02-2019, 04:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18120 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level do you have to be to claim the camp then? A lvl 57 enchanter really has no way of soloing Verina but that is not an unreasonable level to be looking for epic pieces. Do you need more than 1 person to claim the camp? How long do you have to gather people after a spawn?
I got my epic when I was 54. I had help with VT from a 60 enc buddy, we Duo'd. I also had help with VD from a cleric buddy who was 54ish also. I 100% felt I could have solo these camps at 54 if I had a CH clicky. On the attempt we killed VD cleric casted 1 CH and my charmed guard never got dispelled.

I'm surprised to see that GM ruling on this. From everything I've ever read it always seemed like whoever got to VT/VD first and engaged had rights, and because they are not "raid" targets (as stupid as it is) stalling was okay as long as you didn't die, zone, or LD. I camped these 2 for at least 5-6 months and I NEVER heard anyone say "I have this camp". This is just my thought, but what GM's say go. /shrug

I definitely think a clear cut rule should be posted somewhere. Having these two as a camp sounds like such a headache.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Closed Thread