Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

You're really calling into question whether the people that spent the better part of a decade building this server really care about classic everquest? Seriously?

You could go do research and bump the threads that deal with this very issue in bug reports and present cogent arguments and evidence rather than simply "bitch and moan" as you say.

How does one complete an investigation where most of the contemporaneous evidence is now inaccessible or missing? Sometimes the devs have to make a gut call and go with it.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
You're really calling into question whether the people that spent the better part of a decade building this server really care about classic everquest? Seriously?
Based on this topic and a few others, yes I am in fact calling into question their caring about it being ACTUAL classic and not just THEIR version of classic.

This change in and of itself is direct evidence of why I question it.

Quote:
You could go do research and bump the threads that deal with this very issue in bug reports and present cogent arguments and evidence rather than simply "bitch and moan" as you say.
But they are going to do what they want anyway? People have clearly done that and they clearly do not care. Otherwise the research would be solid and they wouldnt have to say it was inconclusive, yet people know for a fact you could get your epic and delevel and STILL EQUIP IT. You might not be able to click a cleric till 50, but making it so you cant equip it, is not classic.

Quote:
How does one complete an investigation where most of the contemporaneous evidence is now inaccessible or missing?
Indeed you fucking wait and dont break shit and withhold judgement instead of kneejerk nerfing epics for no real reason.

Quote:
Sometimes the devs have to make a gut call and go with it.
But it still isn't justification for breaking MQs of epic, and making it so you cant even equip it. "we dont think anyone under 46 should equip a piece of gear' should founded on solid evidence with zero room to fuck it up after YEARS of allow it.

That would make the most sense, unless, again there is some reason they have not made public, like them not liking rogues on red murdering people. At least then I could understand that, and I could even offer a solution that doesnt fuck over shamans, clerics which cant click their damn epics anyway BUT can wear them.

But no, its ' we dont know, but we like the idea, even if it isnt classic.' So yeah, I am gonna disagree with that.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:59 AM
Sarnak

Ergo, relax.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ergo, relax.
No thank you. When they fix shrink. When stop dicking with shit like buff timers, while they leave in item links and nerf epics and the whole time claim that this is supposed to be a classic everquest experience, with non-paladins clicking soul fires, but that isnt being nerfed.

I mean the list goes on and on and on. The drop rate on canni IV etc.

Nonoo, lets 'fix' epics so sub 46 cant use them based on bad info.

Don't get me wrong, still their server to do as they see fit. But stop calling it classic, because it isn't.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ergo, relax.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No thank you. .
Old 09-13-2015, 03:21 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No thank you. When they fix shrink. When stop dicking with shit like buff timers, while they leave in item links and nerf epics and the whole time claim that this is supposed to be a classic everquest experience, with non-paladins clicking soul fires, but that isnt being nerfed.

I mean the list goes on and on and on. The drop rate on canni IV etc.

Nonoo, lets 'fix' epics so sub 46 cant use them based on bad info.

Don't get me wrong, still their server to do as they see fit. But stop calling it classic, because it isn't.
The change is a joke. I'm prepared to sound off on it but I would need the greenlight and temporary ban immunity.

Sikorsky will you let me say my piece about these non-classic unjustified changes and the people who support them without merit?
Old 09-13-2015, 03:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Quote:
their server to call classic
Old 09-13-2015, 06:48 AM
Kobold

meh w/e its not classic, regardless of what they call it.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
meh w/e its not classic, regardless of what they call it.
The server is a work in progress, things are subject to change without prior warning as they get to them. Some things are easier to address than offers.

Think of this a long beta project, you'll have less stress over these types of changes.
Closed Thread