Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The likelihood of you forgetting exactly when you finished your monk epic is much higher than you having a monk epic pre-46 during the Kunark era.
Your talking about Kunark remember the classic timeline runs through velious for all purposes here. Your right I didn't have my epic MQ in Kunark but towards the middle of Velious. There are a couple very good reasons I remember the time period but that I wont go into with you. You are arguing for the sake of arguing at this point Samoht. Also linking and pointing to a 1.5 epic for level requirement is nowhere within the realm of any timeline we are discussing. Show me a 'Classic' Era item with a level requirement 'to equip' and I will find and show you the prenerf version of it. The 1.5 Epic wasn't introduced until Omens of War so you have missed a lot of content that you could have used as an attempt to make a valid argument.

Ele that was why it kind of surprised me when I saw your post. But yes I can agree with you that its their box but I personally have fun logging in and talking to my friends and appreciate what they have done. You are normally one of the more even keeled people posting about classic content here and I respect that about you. Thank you for the clarification.

Folks I am really sorry for the numerous posts I made in this thread. I felt strongly about this and let it get away from me. Wont happen again here.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are arguing for the sake of arguing at this point Samoht.
And you have a tendency towards defending dumbasses just for the sake of defending dumbasses. Let me show you why you should stop. Here's the direct quote from ergo (again):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No epic should have a level requirement. You can go to alakhazam right now and see that right now as of today, no epic has a level requirement on it.
Time-line = right now (emphasis = mine). Not Kunark era. He goes on to post this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4066

Ragebringer

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PLACEABLE
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 25
DMG: 15 Dmg Bonus: 26
Backstab DMG: 15
This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
STR: +20 DEX: +10 STA: +10 AGI: +10 HP: +100
SV DISEASE: +10 SV MAGIC: +20 SV POISON: +20
Attack: +40 Haste: +40%
Effect: Seething Fury (Worn, Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 2.5 Size: SMALL
Class: ROG
Race: ALL except ERU HIE TRL OGR IKS
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)
Slot 2, Type 20 (Ornamentation)
Please tell me you see the problem with using this as the example. Fatestealer is the appropriate response.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 10-15-2015 at 04:58 PM..
Old 10-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you have a tendency towards defending dumbasses just for the sake of defending dumbasses. Let me show you why you should stop. Here's the direct quote from ergo (again):

Time-line = right now (emphasis = mine). Not Kunark era. He goes on to post this:

Please tell me you see the problem with using this as the example. Fatestealer is the appropriate response.
It's called being intellectually dishonest. That's why. Fatestealers aren't in game. I didn't say 1.5 or 2.0 epics, I said epics, in context with P99.

You are either playing stupid, or you are stupid for that response and that was his point.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Fatestealers aren't in game.
And neither are augs, worn attack power/haste (the mechanic is from worn AFFECTS like aura of battle or seething fury, not worn stats themselves), or backstab modifiers, but the data you pasted in clearly shows them. You used a terrible example that didn't support your case at all.

Holy crap you two don't understand irony. Even if I spelled it out directly in the post you quoted.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 10-15-2015 at 05:49 PM..
Old 10-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Angry

Quote:

I would just like an honest up front reason that isn't bullshit. Again, their statement to justify this explains why going forward, the NPCs wont/shouldn't have accept/ed the items if you are under 46, but zero reasons why every single non 46 lv character MUST NOT BE ABLE TO equip the epic until 46.
This. I can't even find the words to agree more without bashing staff.

Its a tough situation with absolutely no rhetoric or logic behind it and the players can barely speak on the subject because it was such a bad call, that its difficult to convey constructively when such a destructive decision was made here on the existing epics people achieved.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

"Achieved." Buying your epic in EC is such an achievement.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

This thread is still going?

You don't have to stray outside these forums to see that epics were able to be completed by level 1s on live.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The decision to change epics to level 46+ was made for a variety of reasons. Simply because something existed on live servers does not mean that it will be the case here if it conflicts with the vision of the server.

At the end of the day, you're playing for free on someone else's box.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

^ note that that is a PoP or later era screenshot
Old 10-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ note that that is a PoP or later era screenshot
The picture is helpful in some sense even if PoP+. People went and asked McQuaid if level 1s/sub-46 should be able to complete epics. He said it wasn't intended, but based on the picture/story that goes with it, even in PoP+ you could MQ/complete at least some epics on sub-46 characters. Unless something changed epics to the quests so they could be done at these levels during/after Luclin/PoP, then it was always in. That isn't to count out some new quest code messing up old world/kunark level checks at some point.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That isn't to count out some new quest code messing up old world/kunark level checks at some point.
that would be my guess.