Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Everything is camped, feeling stuck

Hey guys, so I know there's a lot of people complaining about the server population, but for me it's starting to reach the level that the game is becoming unplayable. I play an Iksar Necro, currently at level 40. I've been mostly following the guides on the wiki, but I'm finding that almost all the recommended camps are camped all the time now. This is a typical experience in recent times: get bored of OT, get a port to Feerrot, check spectres camp, it's camped, run up to Oasis to check spectres camp, also camped....get frustrated and get a port back to Kunark and go back to OT. I looked on the forum to look into lesser camped areas such as Kaesora, which I was told is not camped often because it can be more difficult, but a good fit for a necro. Walk my ass out to FOB, make my way to the library....camped. Had people telling me to go away because they have it all camped. It seems to me I have three choices: 1. go back to OT and keep slowly slogging my way through level 40(which is soul sucklingly boring), 2. Roll a more group friendly character like a cleric or warrior. 3. Just quit, it's not worth it. Maybe I should just quit until a new server is opened with less population. I'm glad p99 is getting popular because it means it will be around longer, but I feel as if the game world is only really fit for less than 1200 concurrent players.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:34 PM
Banned

lol
Old 03-12-2019, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

This is the time to explore... find the real ever quest. OoT theirs an island of specters. guards in all the cites are fear kite able for you, you need to wonder around all of norrath enjoy the game off the beaten path and a necro can solo almost any where.
Tower_of_Frozen_Shadow
A_Spectre
Qeynos_Aqueducts < 5 static spawning specters never touched.

Get out of the mess and find your own path.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 03-12-2019, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

There are zones in the game at all level ranges with literally hundreds of mobs up 24/7. Go a bit off the beaten path.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

You should head over to CoM. Always groups going and you can charm the undead and have fun as a necro.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:02 PM
Large Rat

I feel ya. It's not just limited to soloing, either. It affects group friendly characters. I think a big part is the fact that everyone is so comfortable and adept at playing EQ now vs back in 1999, to the point multi-camps are normalized which strains the available camp sites.

Just last night there were two players that were barely within the XP range for the area taking what, on an average day, would be 2 or 3 "recognized" camps worth of mobs for level relevant full groups. When it's prime time on a weekend, it makes for a real shit experience for this to happen since most everything is camped as it is.

There were almost no level relevant mobs left for the group we just put together. When approached and asked nicely to pick a camp and let us take one of the camps, per Server Rules, they just laughed and effectively told me to get fucked. When I pointed out the server rules, they said they disagreed with the server rules and consider multi-camps classic and forcing them to limit to one camp is an "exploit" of the server rules. So, they are actively refusing to acknowledge or play by those rules. They further stated that I could go ahead and petition but there's no way a guide will be on before they're done, so good luck and I might as well just deal with it. The reality was pretty much exactly that.

Fun times.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Banned

Next time, create a level 1 and check spots. Make an ogre, /ooc in feerrott. Make an iksar, and do that in kaesora and so on. Once you find a spot, bring your necro there.

Also at 40 there are tons of spots. Lguk dead side, live side. Sola gnomes, guards in almost every starting city and so on.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:12 PM
Kobold

Cool

Save yourself some time and energy, and do some research first. Want to camp Spec's in Oasis? Do a /who all Oasis, see that level 45 in the zone? He is probably camping them. Send him a tell, ask if it's camped, if it is, as how long he will be there. I usually find out the camp is about to free up, giving me time to travel there and get handed the camp, usually with little to no waiting.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

I definitely second what Arctic mentioned above! Before wasting time/plat on a port, I always try and see who is in a particular hunting area. Guard killing is a great example of this-- if you see a random lvl 40-something or 50-something in a city and he/she is not a native race of that city (ie an Ogre in Oggok), there's a very good chance they are killing guards.

Though the level ranges will vary a bit, there are some zones that seemingly "always" have stuff to kill-- I'm thinking zones like Iceclad and/or the Dreadlands. These zones will inherently have a greater risk for adds (ie plentiful mobs!) but, as a necro, you have several "get out of jail" cards-- FD, Root/Gate, Screaming Terror, and/or Harmshield (while your pet buys you some time get away).

That said, I can certainly feel your pain with the server population! Playing at weird hours (non-peak times) can help you to score a preferred camp.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the time to explore... find the real ever quest. OoT theirs an island of specters. guards in all the cites are fear kite able for you, you need to wonder around all of norrath enjoy the game off the beaten path and a necro can solo almost any where.
Tower_of_Frozen_Shadow
A_Spectre
Qeynos_Aqueducts < 5 static spawning specters never touched.

Get out of the mess and find your own path.
Thanks for being constructive, I'm gonna scope these camps out when I get home later. A couple other off the beaten path camps I found were the guards in Queynos Hills on the Surefall Glade zoneline(for 30-34) and the undead camp in Swamp of no Hope(great for late 20's).
Closed Thread