Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Old 07-27-2023, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Default Sentry Kale faction

So I was going off of this quest:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Velium_Retrieval

FACTION: As of March, 2018 this quest currently requires Apprehensive or better faction to get the quest text and Velium Delivery Note from Sentry Kale. Per Nilbog, the next patch will update the quest so it can be completed start to finish at Dubious faction. [[1]]

I got up to Apprehensive on my druid and he responds as follows:

"You must prove your worth before I will discuss such matters with you"

Responds the same way for hails or quest dialogue.

Think it may be bugged.

Glittersings / Glittercharms / Glitterheals <Anonymous>
Old 07-27-2023, 09:06 PM
Sarnak

Sentry Kale can spawn in a few different versions and each one only gives out one quest.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 07-28-2023, 01:30 PM
Kobold

Correct, hes associated with 3 quests.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Friend_of_the_Kin

You say, "Hail, Sentry Kale"

Sentry Kale says, "Ah outsiders, I have heard word of your travel here. Perhaps you wish to become a friend of the kind?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Spider_Legs_Quest

You say, 'Hail, Sentry Kale'

Sentry Kale says, 'Why come you to the home of the kin? Seek a home amongst the kin perhaps? Perhaps if you wish to prove yourself I may have a task for you.'

https://wiki.project1999.com/Velium_Retrieval

You say, 'Hail, Sentry Kale'

Sentry Kale says 'Another Halfling, in the great shrine? Perhaps the times have gotten worse than we had expected -- I wonder if I will need to reactivate my [sentinel] for further use in my stead.'

None of the above mentioned quests has a response of "You must prove your worth before I will discuss such matters with you". So unless different quests from the same NPC require different faction? (never heard of that, would be very weird to code it that way) then it seems bugged.

Old 07-28-2023, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

You can do Velium Retrieval at indifferent for sure. Did it a few months ago via sneak with my Monk.
Old 07-28-2023, 05:07 PM
Kobold

Well according to Nilbog it should be able to be done at Dubious, Im a level above Dubious. So either I'm missing something or its broken.

Old 07-28-2023, 09:39 PM
Sarnak

From that original nilbog update:
Quote:
Set at dubious faction for receiving hail text and quest items in event_say for bracer quest.
Set at indifferent faction for receiving hail text and quest items in event_say for spider and dragon quests.
You need indifferent to get the other quests, so I'm willing to bet the one that spawned is for one of those.
Old 07-30-2023, 04:01 PM
Kobold

"As of March, 2018 this quest currently requires Apprehensive or better faction to get the quest text and Velium Delivery Note from Sentry Kale. Per Nilbog, the next patch will update the quest so it can be completed start to finish at Dubious faction. "

So its not set properly as, per Nilbog, it should be able to be completed at Dubious faction.

Old 07-30-2023, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenolineLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"As of March, 2018 this quest currently requires Apprehensive or better faction to get the quest text and Velium Delivery Note from Sentry Kale. Per Nilbog, the next patch will update the quest so it can be completed start to finish at Dubious faction. "

So its not set properly as, per Nilbog, it should be able to be completed at Dubious faction.
There have been many patches since March 2018, you could even search for Sentry Kale and find that it was indeed patched in Feb 2019
Quote:
Nilbog: Sentry Kale will respond properly at dubious faction for bracer quest.
You don't seem to be understanding what we are saying to you: the fact that he doesn't respond to you means it's a version of Kale for another quest. He won't talk about the bracer quest at all if he's a different version.
Old 08-01-2023, 06:07 PM
Kobold

Guys, you are ignoring everything Im telling you. I literally posted his response for *every single quest he offers* and the response Im getting is not associated with any of them.

You dont seem to be understanding what Im saying to you.

Old 08-01-2023, 06:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
# possible quest text given after the velium shipment quest or from the original
# skyshrine zone before revamp
#
#sub EVENT_SAY {
#if($text=~/Hail/i){
#quest::say("Ah. outsiders. I have heard word of your travel here. Perhaps you #wish to become a friend of the kin?");
#}
#if($text=~/i wish to become a friend of the kin/i){
#quest::say("Good. then you would not mind assisting us with a matter of grave #importance. We have received news of an alarming sort. There walks amongst us a #spy of the storm giants. who feeds our every move to them and their accursed #strategist. For the life of us. we cannot deduce whom the traitor is. however we #have received word from Wenglawks of Kael. an associate of ours. that he has #information concerning this. For a measly sum of 100 platinum. he has offered to #give us the information to rid ourselves of this traitor. If you are indeed #friend to the kin. take this note to Wenglawks and rid us of this traitor.");
#quest::summonitem("29068"); }
#}
#END of FILE Zone:skyshrine ID:114093 -- Sentry_Kale
# items: 29068, 1725, 29064, 1727, 29065, 29050

# Velium Retreival - Friend of the Kin
#

sub EVENT_SAY {
if ($faction <= 2) {
if ($text=~/hail/i) {
quest::say("Another $race, in the great shrine? Perhaps the times have gotten worse than we had expected -- I wonder if I will need to reactivate my [sentinel] for further use in my stead.");
}
if ($text=~/sentinel/i) {
quest::say("It was not too long ago that I was merely a chunk of walking velium in the eyes of most who traveled through the shrine. However that golem was in fact one of my sentinels used to keep my identity secluded, and took on the tasks that I gave it. However, there has been a problem recently with our supplies, and I have had to take it offline until further notice.");
}
if ($text=~/problem/i) {
quest::say("As you may have noticed, there are a great deal of golems and gargoyles within the shrine that consist of velium. These are our guards and they serve us well, however with extended use of these creatures comes extensive repair needed. It is because of this necessity to keep our sentries and lookouts working well that we require a great deal of velium ore stocked and ready for use. Unfortunately, our supplies have been running thin and we are in need of a new shipment of ore.");
}
if ($text=~/supplies/i) {
quest::say("I may have been wrong in my initial thoughts about your race, $race. You may just prove to be worth my time. Take this note now and find Ungdin. Please hurry and remember to keep this information to yourself.");
quest::summonitem(1725); # Item: Velium Delivery Note
}
if (($text=~/i am interested/i) && ($friendofthekin == 1)) {
quest::say("I'm glad to hear it. You see, we have received news that there is a spy amongst the kin, sending our movements and our defensive strategies to the giants. Every attempt of ours to decipher who the spy is have failed. It seems there is a great protective magic around them preventing us from centering on the source of the espionage. However, we do have a [source] of our own in the city of Kael who passes us information now and again.");
}
if (($text=~/source/i) && ($friendofthekin == 1)) {
quest::say("He is an associate that holds ties to us, for the fact that he believes that the invasion against the kin is a non-profitable, overall bad endeavor. Wenglawks is his name and he has told us that he has information regarding the name of the spy here in the shrine. His price is 100 platinum, paid in full to reveal the spy to us. If you think you're capable of finding out the name of this spy, I have a piece of parchment that will show Wenglawks that you are there for the information.");
}
if (($text=~/i am capable/i) && ($friendofthekin == 1)) {
quest::say("As I expected you would be. Take this note to Wenglawks and return to me when you have some -- any -- information on this spy among us.");
quest::summonitem(29068); # Item: Note to Wenglawks
}
}
else {
quest::say("You must prove your worth before I will discuss such matters with you.");
}
}