Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Banned

Well just so were clear,

My argument is the author of WSJ cherry picked data at the worst point of the FDR presidency (economically) to claim that things were worse for longer than they would have otherwise been. Keep in mind, the data doesn't even show that -- its just a picture of things trending downward and then an assertion the depression lasted longer.

I mean just look at some of the dumb shit this think-tank has produced:

Quote:
4. World War II Got the United States Out of the Great Depression

Thanks to the rise of new scholarship, more individuals have come to the realization that the New Deal did not end the Great Depression. Unfortunately, many individuals who acknowledge this unpopular truth fall for another long-standing myth—that World War II got the United States out of the Great Depression.

In the Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, historian Tom Woods explains how considerable capital was diverted toward the production of military equipment to support the war effort. Under normal economic circumstances, these resources would have been used for the production of goods that consumers demanded. Even though military conscription resolved the lingering unemployment problem, the average American was still impoverished due to the vastly diminished capital stock.

If war were truly the answer to economic crises, countries should wage perpetual wars. However, economist Ludwig von Mises put it succinctly that “war prosperity is like the prosperity that an earthquake or a plague brings.”

Shortly after World War II, the private sector finally got breathing room when the top marginal taxes were reduced from 94 to 82 percent and the excess-profits tax was repealed. Ultimately, it was the government’s fiscal constraint and its steps to return to a business-friendly environment that allowed the United States to exit the Great Depression.
What a retard. He's arguing that lowering the tax -- which was still astronomically higher than it was before FDR -- just happened to create a "pro-business environment." Yea 82% instead of 94% clearly is exclusively the reason we happened to have a big economic boom around world war II...

That's not even close to a credible claim. He doesn't even provide any data or anything
Old 09-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Banned

I love Wonkie and Dino marriage I want it. To happen. I'll pay for the first flight
Old 09-05-2018, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Keep in mind, macro economies can decline in growth and workers lives can get substantially better at the same time.
Australia?

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Banned

just who i wanted to see

AzzarTHEGOD go fix cecilys stupid fucking idea PLANK IT
Old 09-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Banned

JD i really think your writing and logic has improved over the past year. Congratulations!
Old 09-05-2018, 08:41 PM
Banned

LATEST LEFT WING CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT

Woman behind Kavanaugh today was....flashing a white power hand sign.

NAZIS GUYS!

https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/zina-bash/
Old 09-05-2018, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Damn, she got everyone watching. Well played.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:46 PM
Banned

I always feel bad for stupid people that get hurt stupid things.

Quote:
Drunk man jailed ‘after being beaten up by 10-inch squirrel monkeys’ when he climbed into their zoo enclosure to steal one

John Owen Casford snuck through the gates at Wellington Zoo to snatch one of the 10-inch tall squirrel monkeys - only to be discovered with a broken leg and other injuries the following morning, the New Zealand Herald reported.

Wellington District Court judge Bill Hastings said: “Your intention was to capture [a monkey] and bring it home to your girlfriend. Your attempt was not successful."

The 23-year-old was ordered to attend a Restorative Justice hearing, during which zookeepers told him that he had traumatised the simia

The altercation left the "high as a kite" young man with a broken leg, two broken teeth, a sprained ankle, and multiple bruises.

It remains unclear exactly how Casford was left so badly injured but squirrel monkeys have been known to attack humans if they feel threatened and appear on Britain's dangerous animals list.
NINTCHDBPICT000428472968.jpg

Considering the monkeys already kicked his ass -- hopefully he just gets community service.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibetweenk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
havent kept up with this thread, which is my thread, for weeks. this page skim looks like garbage. see ya!
I do believe this is Mick's realm.

I can feel his presence...
Old 09-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do believe this is Mick's realm.

I can feel his presence...
philistine
Closed Thread