Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Went in for some sweet red99 action pvp in Solb for the first time since months ago, and got first cast rooted with 130 mr - I see the resist code is still garbage... is Null still worken on this over the past year or has he just given up haha.
Not saying Stasis is wrong. But I like the custom resists. Root should land every once in awhile. Be happy to show you that with 130 resist it probably lands 1 out of 10 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 08-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Went in for some sweet red99 action pvp in Solb for the first time since months ago, and got first cast rooted with 130 mr - I see the resist code is still garbage... is Null still worken on this over the past year or has he just given up haha.
there is always a chance of bring rooted bro. I have 30 mr and resisted 2 roots in a row which allowed me to escape the zerg. shit is random bra. see how much MR Teruoh has because 3 of us were chain rooting and it wouldnt stick.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Root Happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 08-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3 of us were chain rooting and it wouldnt stick.
PVP Pro Strategy. You guys are putting in work!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Its not random. You cast a few roots, one is likely going to stick. Considering you were basically immune to root at 80mr on live, its bad. Eventually, everyone will realize why this is bad as they come to understand how pvp works.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Banned

It's just mind boggling that this hasn't been fixed yet.

My experience on VZTZ was "ok well one cure poison removes ebolt... cancel magic removes any single buff no matter what.. root lands on high magic... fuck this!"

When will we get the working classic pvp box
Old 08-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Banned

1 cure poison curing Ebolt would be tite
Old 08-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

We're also missing the level based PVP resists. a 42 shouldnt land shit on a 50 with minimum resists. I think it used the same formula as for mobs on live.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Banned

Player resists and mob resists are completely different calculations and have different values. Christ do I need to find it again and just post it for everyone? Not like it'd make a difference.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Banned

OK here's how it works and has examples of the "unresistable" type spells in PvP. This also explains why in Planes of Power I had people grouped with bards and very uber gear completely resist goddamn everything from a wizard I played on Rallos.

""IE:
This covers all unresistable spells.
Spell: Tashina (60)
ID: 676
Resist: Unresistable
(this spell is unresistable barring certain factors.) (see below)
PVP resist(base): 5 (if player is 10 levels or more above caster)
PVP resist(max): 12 (if player is 10 levels or more below caster)
pvpresistcalc: 101 (beat this number to resist).

result for lvl 12 enc vs. lvl 22 Player:
calc is 101
base is 5
result : lands, 106 is number to beat but has no resist... so the target is deemed 101 resist points

Spell: Immobilize (39)
ID: 132
Resist: Magic, 0 (standard resists apply)
PVP resist(base): 50
PVP resist(max): -5
pvpresistcalc: 101

result for lvl 39 enc vs. lvl 49 Player:
calc is 101
base is -5
result : does NOT lands, 101 is number to beat but has no resist... so the target is deemed 95 resist points (-5 due to level difference)

Spell: Rapture (59)
ID: 1692
Resist: Magic
PVP Resists(base): -300 <- ten levels lower
PVP Resist(Max): -400 <- ten levels higher then caster
PVP Resist calc: 135< number to beat the spell's effect out-right

result: in addition to the level cap of the spell (affects creatures/people up to lvl 61)
1.) target is 10 levels lower, -400 is their starting point. so they would need a 535 Magic resist to outright resist the spell
2.) target is 10 levels higher, -300 is their starting point, they would need a resist of 435 to outright resist the spell.

Spell:Gasping Embrace (47)
Resist: Magic
PVP Resists(base): -42 <- ten levels lower
PVP Resist(Max): -57 <- ten levels higher then caster
PVP Resist calc: 133< number to beat the spell's effect out-right

result:
1.) target is 10 levels lower, -57 is their starting point. so they would need a 190 Magic resist to outright resist the spell
2.) target is 10 levels higher, -42 is their starting point. so they would need a 175 Magic resist to outright resist the spell.

with the exception of unresistable spells, in PVP there is a 10.5% chance to resist the spell if you do not meet the saving value.
conversely there is a 5.25% chance of the spell landing anyway.
with damaging spells the power of them or "how hard they hit" if they land is directly correlated to how close they came to the number. minimum of 25% dmg.

so if the spell lands it does at least 25% dmg (partial resists).
if 75%+ of the "to beat" number is reached and the spell lands then 25% dmg is incured.

these partial resists come in 25% of spell dmg, 50% and 75%

There's of course much more to this involving complex algorithms using these variables, but this should be enough, hope it helps."

This isn't even up for debate and I can get the exact values. It's based on the exact code/how it functioned on live. So, "Sssh" even before you start.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one wants to be friends and get this process moving or really even gives a shit. Maybe I'll try posting it on the LoZ boards.
Closed Thread