Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:37 AM
Banned

Yeah I mean it's fine, he wanted enchanters to be useful, and bards not to be unkillable - and TBH I doubt you're stocking any golem wands Sam, so you're probably fighting buffed/fully geared toons - which is exactly what I said in my main post.

I remember in classic/kunark/velious you didn't need to be a super nerd to have fun pvping - I had like 156 unbuffed MR on my rogue during velious and solo pvpd all day, I tried with 130 and got first cast rooted here, I doubt the 26 mr is going to make me unccable like live, which is all I'm missing on my rogue two jac rings.

I remember fucken meleeing on my shaman, jousting with a gator maul rollen with about 100 mr and most of the time I was safe from shit - try that here you're getting snared and fucked up if you arn't fighting 1v1.

This server just doesn't live up to nostalgia memories of TZ, and TBH that's the only reason I really got re-hooked into this game, it certainly isn't the awsome grind that I remember haven so much fun doin back in the day.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

You do realize, for a melee to achieve 120mr, they are basically sacrificing stats, especially str (which gives them MUCH more damage) in order to not be rooted. Not only that, but stacking tons of mr leaves your other resists much lower as well, so those nukes are hitting for nearly full damage just to avoid being CC'd.

It sucks.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:58 AM
Banned

im all for it if this is what everyone wants. I just hope it doesnt turn into one of those things people regret wishing for. Will definately be a lot more plugging and a fuck ton more melees.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize, for a melee to achieve 120mr, they are basically sacrificing stats, especially str (which gives them MUCH more damage) in order to not be rooted. Not only that, but stacking tons of mr leaves your other resists much lower as well, so those nukes are hitting for nearly full damage just to avoid being CC'd.

It sucks.
at the same time melee dps doesnt depend on mana which is what casters sacrifice for mr gear. I know there was a certain point where I literally did not have enough mana to nuke down a fully buffed sk (pre starfire) while I was wearing all Wis gear. in fact i generally only wear wis gear because without the mana i wouldnt be killing squat. its a sacrifice that ive paid for dearly.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:10 AM
Kobold

eeek, if they make people invulnerable to CC after 120MR can I please switch out my enchanter for a rogue?

I think the rest of the server will need to be allowed to switch classes too.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:19 AM
Banned

if these changes are made and i come back ill probably come back on my bard so i can zip around and annoy people without worry when 20 Nilly are trying to root/mez me
Old 08-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It sucks.
for once i actually agree with dullah
Old 08-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Banned

so ac should work in pvp as well (almost certain it doesnt)
Old 08-26-2012, 01:30 AM
Banned

i also think a lot of people exaggerate the issue. Like i said when i have my mr buff up i have around 70-80mr. I resist roughly half the roots that ive noticed. root happens. please provide a SS of your MR and video of you being rooted 7/10 times or w/e. If you have a 50 melee ill help you test it out.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

dam people really ridin that nilly D. of course u can't root us we were all given immunity to run speed changes at char select/
Closed Thread