Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 05:52 PM
Kobold

Default Ench solo HS south

Anyone got some tips to share how to best do HS south as an enchanter? I recently turned 60 and did the west boss for the key but I’m struggling getting any process in south. Basically I’d like to set up camp around the cubby and do the named there. Should I try to calm my way or is it better to fight my way through it?

I tried breaking through the drop off a coupe of times but found it very rough with a lvl 50 Necro dotting me when I’m trying to recover my charm break.

Any suggestions, including “git gud” etc, are appreciated!
Old 01-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Use gnome form to look thru the walls, lull the few live/undead targets , then use appropriate invis to get past.

If you get a crit resistt behind the painting , start camping immediately and youll have plenty of time to get out before you die

Shifting/cast/bind sight all good tools
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Last edited by enjchanter; 01-05-2019 at 06:20 PM..
Old 01-05-2019, 07:22 PM
Kobold

What Enjchanter said is the way to do it, using gnome + /tar for lulls. Almost always you will want to lull the few live mobs and IVU, especially if hamal/helot's are part of the undead because they will +MR buff themselves. Most of the time you will have to calm between 0-3 mobs tops.

Bind sight for a couple minutes so you can watch the pathers and make sure one isn't a live mob you haven't lulled. Once you get to the cubby you can check all 5 named spawns in South with proper bind sighting and camera angling, and of course make /pet attack macro's to check.

Alternatively, you can get a double invis if someone is at entrance and as long as a see invis bile golem isn't up none of the other mobs will see through double invis, including pulsating biles. Bile golems are one of the rarer trash mobs in South, much less common than they are in North and West.

Once you plan on venturing out of the cubby in South I suggest doing the cloak of undead eye quest once it only takes 10 minutes or so. If you are running down the hall and IVU starts to fade in between a bunch of HT's you can refresh it without being seen. It's only 2 charges and you may never end up needing it but it's worth carrying imo.

Forgot to say if you don't already know, if a necro mob dots you and you charm the necro it will instantly strip the dot.
Last edited by Para99; 01-05-2019 at 07:28 PM..
Old 01-05-2019, 08:06 PM
Kobold

One last suggestion:

This is primarily for long term key corpsing once you start using zomm to get into the wings but still want a key to occasionally bring multiple other people in easily or for a really easy CR.

Use deathfist belts/bone chips to get a toon to level 5, I used a halfling rogue for sneak/hide. Some form of invis will be handy. Get the level 5 toon a port to Skyfire and run to OT outpost, you have to be level 5 to zone into OT. Get a bind up against the outpost wall preferably on the ocean side. Put your key(s) on this toon and run into the cliff golem.

Now every week when you need to recorpse your key(s) you log into the level 5, run straight into the cliff golem, log out. It takes about 1 minute total to loot your last corpse and make a new one. You will delevel to 4 but as long as you don't ever zone out of OT you're fine.

It is much less of a hassle than making sure your enchanter is in OT and corpsing yourself + rebuffing every week. It's also a great way to corpse lore items quickly.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Cheers! So if I lull from the ent room they will wrap around and take more than 30 sec to get there? That’s very good to know.

Good tip regarding the corpsing on an alt. Do you just ask someone for help to transfer the items at HH?
Old 01-06-2019, 01:38 PM
Kobold

Mobs on the other side of the painting have to run all the way to the back of the wing and use the portal to get to the entrance the same as players. This applies to any wing not just South.

Just make sure you can see the mob you're lulling either with bind sight or through the wall so if it crit resists you can camp immediately. Give a heads up to anyone camping entrance as well on the slim chance the mobs make it to entrance.

For transferring I usually drop transferred, OT is huge and also has a very long ocean edge. I never had anything stolen but if you want to transfer something you're not comfortable drop transferring then yeah ask a player.

If I had to make another lvl 5 key mule I'd go with a Dark Elf Enchanter because they have invis and can roam freely in the outpost. When I made the halfling rogue I didn't know you had to be level 5 to zone into OT until I tried to zone in and was rejected.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cheers! So if I lull from the ent room they will wrap around and take more than 30 sec to get there? That’s very good to know.

Good tip regarding the corpsing on an alt. Do you just ask someone for help to transfer the items at HH?
Hey Nord. If the ent mobs you mean is the 4 mobs before the painting then those mobs will not path around they will come right at you. The mobs that will path around are the mobs after the drop (cuz they cant get up to the window). You would have to invis into the room after the locked door Pac from around the corner then you can run into that room with invis and pan the camera behind you out of the painting to click on mobs then run to the safe room and cast lull and then repeat. Also use /tar mob to try and target. Should only be a couple live mobs then just IVU and run to cubby.

The easiest way if you can would be to find a necro to IVU you and just double invis and hope there are no see invis mobs up.

I really like this thread. I'm still learning too, but it would be sweet to get into that cubby or atleast past that initial drop in cuz its a bastard.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 01-08-2019, 03:51 PM
Banned

Great info here.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Click the link in my signature, and watch the HS south videos, besides the advice in this thread already. Also search or flip back through this forum section. There are at least a few other threads where people ask about similar things that are full of tips and stuff.

Edit - looks like I only have one video in south, but it's 3 hours long. I can't really remember what all I do in there, but in sure it shows me killing the stuff you want to farm while discussing how to do so.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-08-2019 at 03:58 PM..
Old 01-08-2019, 09:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you get a crit resistt behind the painting , start camping immediately and youll have plenty of time to get out before you die
This is very enlightening for me, not because I am going to do this but because once i was minding my own business in HS entrance, when all of the sudden 6 mobs, including the North boss, the Crypt Keeper suddenly teleport into the entrance and decide to harmtouch our cleric, enchanter and me. We some how managed to kill the train and get a free West key, but I always wondered how the hell that train came after us so suddenly, and who was responsible.

I bet someone naughty was doing this trick and was slow to camp. or maybe north is much smaller so the mobs have time to come out a little bit.

Anyways, just sharing a story. If you do this beware if you train and kill someone. Especially in North since that wing is tiny.
Last edited by Lysander; 01-08-2019 at 09:34 PM..
Closed Thread