Default Flowing Thought

Should not stack in the velious era.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2002-1.html
Quote:
January 8, 2002
- Flowing Thought effects will now stack

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...00725765451379
Quote:
There are 4 FT's, each with the amount of mana they regen listed. Flowing thought 1, 2, 3, and 4 regen 1, 2, 3, and 4 mana per tick, respectively. Flowing thoughts do not stack with each other, but they do stack with Chanter Mana Regen (Breeze, Clarity, Clarity 2)
and right below that we have
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...10201746192133
Quote:
This has been changed since Luclin. Now Flowing Thought items will stack with other Flowing Thought items of a different "rating", e.g. Flowing Thought 2 will stack with Flowing Thought 3 (but not with another FT2 item). Also there are Flowing Thought 5 items now
Old 12-13-2017, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

There was another thread dedicated to this, I don't recall the conclusions that came from it.

For what it's worth in reference to the comment that says 'Also there are Flowing Thought 5 items now', I did stumble across this reference mentioning FT4-FT10 were 'disabled'. Not sure how the conclusion came about if by parsing spdat or whatever

https://www.graffes.com/forums/showt...ole-of-Veeshan

Quote:
Flowing Thought IV-X ........... currently disabled at +0 per tick
No idea on it's accuracy, he even said at beginning of the thread 'I think most of this is correct'.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was another thread dedicated to this, I don't recall the conclusions that came from it.

For what it's worth in reference to the comment that says 'Also there are Flowing Thought 5 items now', I did stumble across this reference mentioning FT4-FT10 were 'disabled'. Not sure how the conclusion came about if by parsing spdat or whatever

https://www.graffes.com/forums/showt...ole-of-Veeshan

No idea on it's accuracy, he even said at beginning of the thread 'I think most of this is correct'.
Hello sir this thread is about flowing thought stacking which it should not in era. If the wording was "different ratings or levels of flowing thought now stack" then that would imply the same levels like two ft II items had an additive effect but it does not.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

I know, I was just tailing on something to the final comment, suggesting FT5 should not exist (or if it did, perhaps was not functioning properly) in our era. Never done any serious digging on it, but putting it out there in case anyone else wants to run with it.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Just linking the other threads that brought up this discussion in case you want to refer to additional evidence there:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...lowing+Thought

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=79881

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...Thought&page=5

Quote from Haynar in that last link:
Quote:
The guide I was given for classic FT was this.

FT of different #'s stack. Same do not.

So if you have 5 different FT1 items, you net 1.

FT1 + FT2 = 3
FT2 + FT3 = 5
FT1 + FT1 + FT2 + FT2 = 3 (not 6)

If you have no drink and are thirsty, you don't regen mana.
Others had challenged that guide from Haynar saying it was out of era and posted links / testimonials to the contrary.

Seems consensus on Flowing Thought in those threads are as follows:
  1. Only highest effect originally took place and no stacking occurred (FT1 + FT2 = +2 mana/tick, FT1 + FT1 = +1 mana/tick). This would be our era.
  2. Changed in Luclin to stack but NOT with same effect (i.e. FT1 + FT1 = +1 mana/tick. But FT1 + FT2 = +3 mana/tick)
  3. Finally changed again where all forms stacked (Mana Regen 1 + Mana Regen 1 + Mana Regen 2 = +4 mana/tick).
Old 12-14-2017, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

sorry but this was already address guys in a very lengthy thread

basically TLDR its a client issue - FT either doesnt work at all or it works like we now have it.

btw FT was broken for nearly a year of Velious so please dont break it trying to 'fix' it when its already been addressed and working. Think of p99's AA-less casters and the lack of things they look forward too when considering the direction to go here if it needs to be re-examined.
Last edited by Erati; 12-14-2017 at 11:12 AM..
Old 12-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry but this was already address guys in a very lengthy thread

basically TLDR its a client issue - FT either doesnt work at all or it works like we now have it.

btw FT was broken for nearly a year of Velious so please dont break it trying to 'fix' it when its already been addressed and working. Think of p99's AA-less casters and the lack of things they look forward too when considering the direction to go here if it needs to be re-examined.
A client issue is something that isn't able to resolved at all. If FT did not work but works now due to a change it is a debugging issue. Velious has been out awhile now so I'm confident that the dev has grown a little wiser and more experienced in that area [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

AA's were released with the Luclin expansion which this server is not implementing so I'm unsure of what you mean by that fourth sentence.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AA's were released with the Luclin expansion which this server is not implementing so I'm unsure of what you mean by that fourth sentence.
I think he just means if you can't work towards a FT15 character it would give you a lot less to do on P99 in the end game, so please leave it as it is so they can have fun building a more powerful character.

If FT gets nerfed (fixed) and Classic Mana Cap gets implemented, progression for caster classes will be severely gimped and melee dps will reign even more supreme.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Flowing Thought of the same type does not stack with itself on P99 only the different types stack.

Thats how FT worked before they changed it to all stack up to 15 during Luclin when they scrapped calling it "Flowing Thought I, II, III etc" and just used "Mana Regeneration"

Very early on, only the highest Flowing Thought was active, but then later it was made so different instances stack ( what we have on p99 ) then changed again to stack up to 15.

Currently on p99 the max FT for a Priest = 6 ( 3+2+1) and a Caster = 8 ( 5+2+1 )
Old 12-15-2017, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Guess I never bothered to calculate out what FT15 would require, so yea you're right on it not being achievable anyways on P99.

But you still never know, Ele did link some GM rewards in one of those threads that in theory could bring a select few individuals to that limit. And if custom content ever rolls out, could see these type of items being implemented.