Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

Default 35+ Druidly Charming Spots?

Back from a few weeks hiatus on my druid and looking to do some charming. I've read Angelhawk's Charm guide and visited EJ and OT; I found most of the mobs listed a little off, especially for a New-to-the-Server-Equipped Druid. OT was a little too overcrowded for my liking and I never found a good spot to stick to in EJ, so I was looking for some input on good spots for 35 and upward.

I've heard of charming the enterance to Kedge, but I sort of have an aversion to water-- is it worth the risk? Currently I've just been killing WC/Misty Guards and being lazy, but I'd like to step it up again now that everyone I met while leveling is 50+ now. Thanks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

You should be quad kiting at 34+.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos057 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be quad kiting at 34+.
Really? In other threads on this board its been said that (even 45+ with a Lumi Staff) charming is better Exp because there is little to no down time.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Kedge is a really great zone if you can get it down, the ZEM is amazing. I think OT is still your best bet for outdoor zones
Old 08-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

You should not be quadding if you want fast EXP. Charming is faster EXP.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should not be quadding if you want fast EXP. Charming is faster EXP.
Charming might be faster if you have plenty of animals lined up to charm and charm doesn't break a few times. Even then you usually end up having to nuke a couple times and time invis perfectly. Sucks when you lose a mob because invis didn't land in time.

Quadding has many more options and isn't hard to maintain.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos057 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charming might be faster if you have plenty of animals lined up to charm and charm doesn't break a few times. Even then you usually end up having to nuke a couple times and time invis perfectly. Sucks when you lose a mob because invis didn't land in time.

I don't think you need perfect conditions for charming to be better EXP. Charming is amazing EXP regardless. If you are getting a lot of early breaks, you need to target lower-level monsters. If you are having to spend a lot of mana on nukes, you need to manage aggro better to get both mobs to low HP before killing them. And if you are trying to charm in a zone with few animals, you're doing it wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think you need perfect conditions for charming to be better EXP. Charming is amazing EXP regardless. If you are getting a lot of early breaks, you need to target lower-level monsters. If you are having to spend a lot of mana on nukes, you need to manage aggro better to get both mobs to low HP before killing them. And if you are trying to charm in a zone with few animals, you're doing it wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When people are killing all the mobs in the zone theres not much you can do. I just went to EJ on my 42 druid just to compare again really fast. Got 4 charm breaks and an add. Was only able to kill one mob before having to zone. Had 20% mana left over. Got 6% for the one kill.

Went back to DL to quad yetis. Got 4 yetis, killed them all, 24% exp and 50% mana left. Much easier and faster. No needing to watch for charm breaks or adds.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Its pretty easy to Hide/Invis at 10-20%, and you don't have to time invis "perfectly" per se, as long as the mob is below 20% it'll usually flee if snared. DoT the add at 33%, break charm/nuke your former pet at 10% to finish things up assuming no resists/breaks. This is the slow way, in Magical Christmas Land charming, we'd be pulling adds and rooting them all next to one another/charming them down.

This is all really more quibbling over the technique than the specifics I'm looking for, though. So far OT (I'm assuming near SF) has been suggested and maybe Kedge (seems dicey at 35)? Work has been keeping me away still (Save money and buy your textbooks from Amazon or Chegg kids) so I haven't had a chance to log in yet. Maybe I'm missing an easy search function on the wiki, I'd kill to know where a mass of 30-ish animals are*.

*I'm pretty sure this magical locale is OT sans kiting bards.
Last edited by Crawdad; 08-21-2013 at 11:16 PM..
Old 09-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Aviak

i forget if 35 is too low for kedge, but kedge is totally worth learning. pretty sure i did my entire 40s in there, as well as low 50s. the best thing about kedge is that killing lblues is totally worth the time and effort given the crazy zem.
Closed Thread