Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Default Shaman Epic Fight Questions

So I'm hoping to finally get my epic done sometime soon (thank you Daldaen for selling me a tear!), and I just had a couple questions about the best way to do it.

The wiki says you need:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://wiki.project1999.com/Shaman_Epic_Quest
4 other people - one rogue to open the castle door, one magician, and two clerics, levels 60-65.
Since I doubt I'll find any 61+ folks to help me out, will four level 60s (1x rogue, 1x mage, 2x clerics) be enough to fight to the spot, clear the reavers, and then kill Rak himself? If not, what's the minimum I will need? (I'm planning to beg the server for help, so I want to bother as few people as possible.)

Also, is there anything else I can do to prepare? Like should I make a bunch of shrink potions, or go collect some stun whips for the mage's pet, or anything like that? This is my (final) epic fight, and I really don't want to screw it up, so I'd appreciate any feedback from others who have done it.

Thanks.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

We usually do it with 1 rogue for opening doors, 1 monk for pulling stuff out (either Rogue sneak pulls a solo reaver off monk train when it's roaming back or you can have a Druid/Ranger harmony the whole train and pull easily), 1 Warrior, 1 Cleric, then whoever else you want.

Tanking with fire pets doesn't work on this server for whatever reason, and that's probably what a classic guide called for.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 04-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Well, if you schedule a time with me, I'd be glad to help full out your group. I would say you need, at min, rogue, either a druid/ranger/monk to split out the mobs from the second floor so you get a single pull, 1 cleric and 1 torpor shaman (or 2 clerics) and a tank (warrior/sk/pal).
Old 04-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We usually do it with 1 rogue ...
Tanking with fire pets doesn't work on this server for whatever reason, and that's probably what a classic guide called for.
Awesome. Thanks for the info, and in particular that bit about the mage pet. I'll update the wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, if you schedule a time with me, I'd be glad to help full out your group. I would say you need, at min, rogue, either a druid/ranger/monk to split out the mobs from the second floor so you get a single pull, 1 cleric and 1 torpor shaman (or 2 clerics) and a tank (warrior/sk/pal).
Thanks a bunch for the offer! I don't have 60 or Torpor yet, so it sounds like I'll need two clerics.

I'm still trying to determine the best time with Daldaen (who has the tear), but I'm thinking it will either be Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. When I have a more firm date I'll post back here (well, in the General forum) to try to put an appropriate group together.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome. Thanks for the info, and in particular that bit about the mage pet. I'll update the wiki.

Thanks a bunch for the offer! I don't have 60 or Torpor yet, so it sounds like I'll need two clerics.

I'm still trying to determine the best time with Daldaen (who has the tear), but I'm thinking it will either be Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. When I have a more firm date I'll post back here (well, in the General forum) to try to put an appropriate group together.
The double heals technically mandatory make it much much safer if things go sidewise with the fire attack. Any additional dps is helpful, if folks are volunteering.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

So based on this thread I was thinking I'd specifically ask for:
  • Rogue (for opening doors and to help pull)
  • Druid/Ranger/Monk (for pulling and/or splitting pulls)
  • Cleric
  • Shaman with Torpor or another Cleric
  • Tank (Warrior/Shadow Knight/Paladin)

And then ask for any extra help I can get in addition.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Fire pets were immune to fire on live, which meant they could kill the epic mob with heals.

If you wanted some backstory on that tactic in most the old shaman epic guides.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 04-21-2015, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Voice comms are handy if/when the tank gets blinded during the reavers. A decently geared 56+ hybrid tank can do this if the crew is solid (I was tank in a single-group kill on my paladin when he was 56, everybody else except the cleric there was 60 tho), but a warrior's innate MR bonus is nice for resisting the blind when you're killing the reavers. With 2 clerics or cleric + torpor shaman plus a competent tank the final fight should not be difficult. The AE radius on the final fight is smaller than CHeal range, keep the tank and the rogue alive and the mob will die.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Killed this guy more times than I care to think about. Last time I did this fight it was possible avoid the area-effect by running out of LOS/range. Level 50 Rogue (door opener) stayed alive that way. Dunno whether the mechanics have been altered since then...it's been more than a year.

Fight is readily doable with four people (rogue, monk, warrior, cleric) if geared and played properly. I've done it as a single group tanking on my Shadow Knight (who's only in low/mid range gear for a level 60) so it's not a raid by any stretch. I've heard of it being done with two or three people but not participated in such kills personally. If your melees are going to eat AE's then they'll need some heals, but not a lot. If you don't want to overstress the main Cleric then a second healer for a couple of melees will suffice. Monks (mend) are nice. Roamers and respawns can get annoying, particularly if you fight inside the castle, but seldom cause wipes on their own.

Most of the folks selling this kind of service have done it a bunch of times and have it down to a science. The wiki description seems to assume this sort of experience. If you're using a typical "leveling guild" mix of low-mid 50's characters and half-attentive twits then you want a small raid.

Danth
Closed Thread