Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 03:31 AM
Aviak

Default 34 druid gear list

Just hit 34 and started (slowly) getting a bit of port income, hoping to get a mana pool that enables me to quad instead of charming, it's becoming monotonous. First character so I am effectively naked @ 115 wis. I don't know what the best bang for buck gear is so if anyone has better recommendations please let me know, didn't see any other post-velious thread and this is what I could crunch from the wiki.

Cone of the mystics
Book of Obulus
Crystal Spider Eyes
Platinum Tiara
2x 5/55 rings
Runed Mithril Bracer
Cougar Skin Sleeves
Withered Leather Gloves
Obulus Death Shroud
Mithril-Runed Tunic
Mammoth Hide Cloak
Mucilaginous Girdle
Gatorscale Legs
Golden Efereeti Boots
Chrysoberyl Talisman
Pearl Kedge Totem
2x Forest Loop

That should put me at 197 wis and +250 mana and cost around 14.5kpp which is enough to do most quads until high 50's, right?
Last edited by Hakubi; 04-27-2017 at 03:54 AM..
Old 04-27-2017, 09:56 AM
Orc

So are you trying to do this on a budget or do you not mind porting forever to get plat? I'll make some suggestions which will be cheaper or you can camp yourself.

You could go for Jasper Gold Earrings, same +Wis as Forest Loop and a lot cheaper.

You could quest your own Testament of Vanear and Paw of Opolla combo. You'll lose some +mana over your choices but gain +wis and not spend money.

Something like a Platinum Ruby Veil is not nearly as good as Crystal Spider Eyes but a fraction of the cost and a big +wis boost.

A Runed Circlet is a lot cheaper, but again, +wis and not straight mana like the Tiara.

The 5/55 rings will give you a nice hp buffer, otherwise you could go for something cheap like plat jasper rings for more +wis.

If you run out to KC, you might get lucky and see a supple scale armband rotting, otherwise you can go camp Chipped Bone Bracelets yourself, same +wis as the mithril just without the strength.

Are these going to be BiS items? No, but will give you a boost without spending too much.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Razaz has good suggestions. I'd definitely take the Jasper rings over the 5/55's because when you're quadding, the mobs won't ever touch you. I'd go for the cheap, higher wis stuff for now. You're getting into the levels where more wis pays off better.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Also, don't overlook Coldain Skin Gloves and Boots. Charred Guardian Shield is cheap for nice wisdom. Also, could keep an eye out for people in Kithicor and get a free +6 wisdom weapon....
Old 04-28-2017, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

I'd suggest against questing the paw of oppola your self, unless you just are popping into befallen each time you pass thru WC. That spawn can be pretty rare so it may not be worth the time investment to self quest.

Testament of Vaneer is a pretty speedy quest, well worth it.
Closed Thread