Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

The best way to implement this would be with pick zones which I know is no where close to classic but the vibe I get when I see 'Green' talk is not so much about playing pure classic EQ mechanically but rather being able to experience pure classic EQ progression.

you cannot experience it if there are 300 people in Greater Faydark fighting over cracked staffs - do the right thing.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you cannot experience it if there are 300 people in Greater Faydark fighting over cracked staffs - do the right thing.
I didn't start playing on live until Velious, but when the game first launched (or when new servers were added during the classic era) weren't there 300 people fighting over cracked staffs in Greater Faydark?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Banned

ban EC tunnel

remove Faydwer economic sanctions

open the Gfay Markets
Old 12-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best way to implement this would be with pick zones which I know is no where close to classic but the vibe I get when I see 'Green' talk is not so much about playing pure classic EQ mechanically but rather being able to experience pure classic EQ progression.

Why? Thats what release was. Totally classic.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic EQ and classic P99 1.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ban EC tunnel

remove Faydwer economic sanctions

open the Gfay Markets
What are you, some kinda commie? Clearly you need to read more about the libertarian theory advocated by the Neriak School of Economics.
Last edited by Polyphemous; 12-12-2017 at 03:36 PM..
Old 12-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't start playing on live until Velious, but when the game first launched (or when new servers were added during the classic era) weren't there 300 people fighting over cracked staffs in Greater Faydark?
300 live players from yesteryear aint got nothing on the chaotic force of elves that will inhabit the Green99 server. If casuals think they will be getting the classic EQ experience they have been dreaming of since finding this server, they will unfortunately have to keep dreaming as this is gonna be one hell of an entertaining cluster-f.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You must not have been around for Agnarr's release, a good forecast of the things to come with Green99.

Heres a hint - no one will have fun with the #s that will be in each zone, hopefully they think ahead and implement ways to share.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You must not have been around for Agnarr's release, a good forecast of the things to come with Green99.

Heres a hint - no one will have fun with the #s that will be in each zone, hopefully they think ahead and implement ways to share.
It would be really cool if they launched two Green servers initially, then merged them after a few months when the population calms down. Given how much work just one Green server will be though (plus how much work a second would be, plus how much work all the splitting/combining would be) I just don't see the staff having the time or energy for that.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been genuinely disappointed that I missed out on P99's initial launch, and a Green server will scratch that itch for me, I think.
You didn't miss much. There weren't a lot of people and hardly anything worked correctly. P99 has come a long way. A "recycle" server should be a much better experience.

Danth
Old 12-12-2017, 07:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Agnarr sounded terrible so I wasn’t around for it , correct.
A new server here will be a clusterfuck for a few weeks and then it’ll calm down. No need to worry , same as all new games/servers/expansions.
Closed Thread