Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Skeleton

Default New to P99 and Healing!

I'm going to be starting soon, once I iron out some technical difficulties with my Linux-based machine. I'm studying to be a physical therapist irl, so I want to spend my pockets of time not studying or in clinicals by being a virtual healer!

I'm stuck between Shaman or Cleric. Druid isn't the right feel for me. I feel like I might be more drawn to cleric, but, I wanted to put the question to the casters thread:

Which can accomplish more in, like, an hour window? Cleric or Shaman? Or does it just entirely depend on the person?
Old 06-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

Really depends on whether you're looking to solo or not.

Shaman would probably fit better for getting things done in an hour or so as it has good soloability. Cleric is very group oriented which means sitting lfg for 30 seconds or 2 hours w while offering little in the ability to solo besides a few select undead mobs.

It comes down to whether is you prefer the versatility of a shaman or if you enjoy the raw healing power of the cleric.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachpsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to be starting soon, once I iron out some technical difficulties with my Linux-based machine. I'm studying to be a physical therapist irl, so I want to spend my pockets of time not studying or in clinicals by being a virtual healer!

I'm stuck between Shaman or Cleric. Druid isn't the right feel for me. I feel like I might be more drawn to cleric, but, I wanted to put the question to the casters thread:

Which can accomplish more in, like, an hour window? Cleric or Shaman? Or does it just entirely depend on the person?
With short duration playtime, go shaman. Or even druid. Not cleric. Shoot, if you're only going to play in 30 - 60 minutes intervals, with likely frequent interruptions (like me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]), play monk, enchanter, or bard. Shaman isn't able to that and do well until after 34, or better yet after epic. Cleric will likely take up over your 60 minutes on Blue just finding a group at 30+, depending on zone/level, then you'll get 30 minutes of your group finding it's "groove". Really just depends if you want the complete inability to solo, outside certain situations, or the ability to solo very, very well plus be able to group.

Just my thoughts.