Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 04:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by workbench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My question is, how long does this strategy hold up? Is there a point at which root rotting becomes more effective? Pretty subjective I know but just wanting to understand your experience around this strategy.
I've soloed a shaman with similar technique and similar gear into mid 50s. Didn't have a fungi, though (but I was playing a troll.) Never stopped being fun.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

You'll be doing it until 60 if you intend to solo mobs that summon.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Well my shaman hit 29.

I'm currently enjoying finding level 24 mobs to charm.

There were times where I was unsure whether rolling barbarian was the right thing to do.

However, finding level 24 mammoths to befriend, running around the newbie grounds farming trade skill components with 'Jake the Snakenose' while wearing my snug faux-polarbear skin hoodie is an adventure time which can not be beaten.

It's also pretty awesome pet kiting mammoths against each other.

This barbarian shaman has just become such a more exciting side project now!

I have further advice if anyone else wants to xp in the frigid north. I've noted the befriendable mammoths (some are too high) to pit against each other and the icy orcs. Furthermore, in Permafrost there is a level 24 'a large dire wolf' in the pits behind the goblin preacher. I added it's spawn location to the wiki (sometimes it is just a pup and you gotta cycle that ph). It makes a pretty reasonable pet.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well my shaman hit 29.
(sometimes it is just a pup and you gotta cycle that ph)
'Cycle' a pup?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's just cruel!
Old 10-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
while wearing my snug faux-polarbear skin hoodie
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Totally the best racial benefit for Barbarians.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
'Cycle' a pup?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's just cruel!
I don't think I've been using enough fabric softener in the cycle as the best quality skin I have pulled out so far is only medium, which is hampering my attempts at skilling up tailoring.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
rolling barbarian was the right thing to do.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Totally the best racial benefit for Barbarians.
It's actually Snow Leopard!
Old 10-17-2017, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What race? You can fear kite undeads (spectres, spectral keepers in TT) pretty easily if you worship cazic and do the initiate quest.
you fear without snaring?
Closed Thread