Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pal/sk epics allow bashing when equipped
Ah - that would explain it. Thanks!

-Mcoy
Old 10-16-2017, 05:02 PM
Banned

-- I dont really play anymore, these were recorded along while ago. I did log in the other day and kicked around in CoM: killed a few mobs.

If I played again I would prob push 53 in CoM as I am 51.6 atm, than hit up lguk for awhile.

Re: The Hole post, I wouldnt go there till 54+ solely on the basis root is such low duration. I've camped out with 3 mobs rooted using root but it's scary. Enstill (level 54) has a much longer duration so better for CC+camping on bad lulls.

Ideally I would do this:

51-53 CoM

Lguk 53- to high 50s, probably till 59 and Celestial Cleanse.

Then I would try Seb Entrance in a vain hope a seb cloak would drop just for shits and giggles. (Only ever seen 1 drop in my life).

I think seb entrance would be doable, aslong as you corner the caster mobs to heal up and cure the shaman slows/dots. Also with your DA and LoH if shit hits the fan you could easy hit the exit bubble.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Whatever you decide to do you'll be doing it 40% faster than when real men leveled their paladins solo.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbogast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever you decide to do you'll be doing it 40% faster than when real men leveled their paladins solo.
Ohhhhh sheet ouch. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2017, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

Damn, that fight with that Fog Golem was 14 minutes long! Eww, I don't miss my Pally from live. Remember having to wait for Lay Hands cool down in between each mob.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, that fight with that Fog Golem was 14 minutes long! Eww, I don't miss my Pally from live. Remember having to wait for Lay Hands cool down in between each mob.
Yah I should have zoned him. Sometimes RnG fucks you up hard.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

Jez a real eye opener.... anytime I feel I kill things slowly on any class I need only watch that 14min fog golem fight.... AND you have epic yikes!
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 10-17-2017, 03:31 AM
Banned

Most fights are 5-6 mins including healing and been prepped for the next fight. Sometimes RNG fucks you tho. That Golem was def on the upper end of the level range for mobs in that area and rnged hard with its hits. It was very much the exception.

Phantoms, Fog Golems and Goo's are the hardest general mobs on the ground level of CoM. If you avoid those 3 specific mobs you should be killing at a rate of 1 per ~6 mins or ~10 mobs per hour with 0 down time. It's not alot but it's something. Also you have to remember prior to 51 you get atleast 1.5-2.5% xp per kill.

I think in that video I killed 5-6 mobs and got 10-11% of a level in 35 mins. Going 50 to 51. If i had not killed that fog golem that would have been 25mins.

I logged my epic 51 shaman in today in CoM and shaman soloing is stark difference, had 3 dot rotting at once: some take 2 clicks to die, others 2.5. But it was continueous so you could prob kill 35+ mobs and hour with a shaman in the same situation solo if the mobs were there.

I was soloin moat today on the Paladin and downed a few fog golems which took maybe 8 mins each which is about where they would normally take.

Edit: A fog golem has 2x the hp than most of the other mobs. 4k hp vrs ~1.6-2.2k on others. Sometimes you get lucky hits in a row and kill mobs and only lose 30-40% of your health bar. Like most things eq its all just RnG.
Last edited by Beastagoog; 10-17-2017 at 03:41 AM..
Old 10-18-2017, 08:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that the AFKish and having to find the right spots element of levelling a melee has a strange appeal to it. Disclaimer: I'm a glutton for punishment, having exclusively soloed level 54 on my 'self found geared' Halfling warrior.
Any info on how you did that path on a self geared warrior? Doing something similar myself, although with a knight. trying to jog the memory on where to go.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Note: Soled level 54, not soloed to 54!

Anyway, it was before the sneak nerf, which made things far easier.

Run thru SolA to the bats zoneline. Don't kill the static spawn closest to the zoneline (this will prevent runners); instead kill guano PH and the other pather. Also kill the one that is on the ledge above the lava beetle.

Purchase copious numbers of bandages and set up battle bandage hot keys (maybe not necessary as a knight). Again sneak made this easier as vending could be done at the goblin merchant.

Took circa 400 bats IIRC.

That was like a month. LOL.
Closed Thread