Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 07:26 PM
Orc

Default Pally GCD resetting worth using?

is it even worth resetting GCD as a pally, the only spell that has worked in slot 1 so far is my heal, the rest like stun, flash of light, and my buffs have all just given me the "spell recast time not yet met" when i try to recast any of them after clicking spyglass (havent tried my undead DD yet)
Old 11-30-2019, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

The only thing that immediately springs to mind for me would be using it to help with root splitting when you need to root more than one, but that's a pretty specific scenario that probably won't happen a ton.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

It helps you cast other spell slots faster even if no slot 1 spells are instant refresh.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It helps you cast other spell slots faster even if no slot 1 spells are instant refresh.
Exactly. What if you wanted to paci, stun, root, blind all in a row? It would save you 3 global cooldowns.

Also, if you put heal in spell gem 1, you could spam heals on a dying ally.

It seems worthwhile to me. Certainly more worthwhile than an eighth bag.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

I use global reset once in awhile on a Paladin but if I didn't have one on that class I wouldn't miss it overmuch. It's not a constant-use item like it is for a torpor-casting Shaman. On a Paladin I would not call it worth the hassle of the messed up view mode the spyglass causes but some folks don't mind that particular issue as much as I do.

Danth
Old 11-30-2019, 09:23 PM
Fire Giant

Star of Eyes is good.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

I use it on my paladin and do find it useful. You can chain cast one stun after another if needed or even flash of light but you just have to give yourself a momentary pause before spamming that FoL.. A little self control goes a long way but it DOES help you cast it faster. I like to use it when multiple mobs are mezzed to build agro asap on many mezzed mobs so it is useful imo.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:11 AM
Planar Protector

I mainly used one on my pally for 2 things. Root, especially if I'm going to be main crowd control. Other time is when lulling since you will have to spam the spell usually to get it to work.
Closed Thread