Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 02:14 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Patch Notes, Sunday Morning, February 14th, 2010

Greetings. Due to the large amount of source fixes covered in this patch, I have created a a thread for all patch bugs directly related to this patch. It can be found in the bugs forum, 2/14/10 Patch Bugs

Code
  • Rogean: Revamped the system raid mobs use to cast Special AE's. Please provide feedback on this.
  • Rogean: Swinging at a magical mob once without magic weapons will no longer grant you the kill.
  • Rogean: The infamous Error 1018 is making its return; Attempting to enter the server with an active character will no longer be possible until that character is removed from the world.
  • Rogean: Due to the above change, Linkdead characters will now be kicked after 30 seconds of no aggro, or 3 minutes on aggro.
  • Rogean: Changed how shrunk players are handled for new players zoning in again.
  • Rogean/Haynar: Removed ability to dispell rez effects, or any spell with the nodispell flag set.
  • Rogean/Haynar: Multiple changes to trading that may fix the bug causing coin to be lost. Let us know.
  • Haynar: Mobs will now find their way home when charm breaks.
  • Haynar: Assist will no longer return a target other than that of who was assisted.
  • Haynar: Damage shields now provide neutral damage.
  • Haynar: NPCs will now KS a player if they get the killing blow.
  • Haynar: Mobs that go into flee mode, will no longer be ignored by an NPC with multiple targets. They will now finish what they started.
  • <del>Haynar: Implemented Begging Skill.</del> Next Patch; Needs tweaks
  • Haynar: Enabled EXP loss for self dots or lich.
  • Haynar: Swimming 2.0 - Adjusted skillup rates and added check specific to kedge keep which is an all water zone.
  • Haynar: Several Bind Wound fixes.
  • Haynar: Mend will no longer fail if greater than 100 skill. Mend will always give success or failure messages now.
  • Haynar: Changes to the formula that determines charm break every tic to be more in line with classic (in most cases, mobs will now be less obedient than before.)

Content
  • Nilbog: Changed Briana Treewhisper class to GM druid.
  • Nilbog: Rarnan Lapice will now reward you with spell: languid pace upon turning in Testament of Vanear.
  • Nilbog: one eyed gnoll will drop its eye more frequently.
  • Nilbog: Removed the healing ability from sonic bats
  • Nilbog: Removed spellset from Raster of Guk
  • Nilbog: created rancorous ghasts with appropriate levels, loot and faction.
  • Nilbog: Guard Norin and Guard Sornn in butcherblock will now guard where they should.
  • Nilbog: Changed Gnoll Slayer (5417) to match stats of Gnoll Slayer (5416) - NERFED.
  • Nilbog: Marton Sayer will no longer prompt you for the non-classic portion of the Gnoll slayer quest.
  • Nilbog: Cuburt will now actually spawn.
  • Nilbog: Added ground spawns for Berries in Misty Thicket.
  • Nilbog: Fixed locs, spawn times, and loots of the named bandit trio in Highpass.
  • Nilbog: Ember will now follow Blixkin Entopop like a good pet should.
  • Nilbog: Sentry Xyrin/Deepwater Harpoon fixed.
  • Nilbog: Lowered drop rate of koalindl fish. It will no longer be 100%.
  • Nilbog: koalindl will rarely summon their creator, Rodcet Nife, upon death.
  • Nilbog: Increased spawn time of a koalindl
  • Aeolwind: Silent Watch Shield quest changed. Yes, this means the Thex Dagger is gone.
  • Aeolwind: Fixed Nillipuss Text
  • Aeolwind: Adjusted Door in Highkeep to now correctly require its key & be unpickable.
  • Aeolwind: Tinkered with PL for roamer in Lake Rathetear for impending day/night implementation.
  • Aeolwind: Tearon Bleanix now wants to be "close".
  • Aeolwind: Pyzjn fixed, seriously this time, Nilbog saw it work. I swear.
  • Aeolwind: Added low chance for Rancorous ghouls to pop on a couple spawn points in LFaydark. Short term fix pending day/night implementation.
  • Aeolwind: Updated Roror for upcoming Shakey quest fix.
Last edited by Rogean; 02-14-2010 at 02:27 AM..
Old 02-14-2010, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Rogean: The infamous Error 1018 is making its return; Attempting to enter the server with an active character will no longer be possible until that character is removed from the world.
Ack. My damn crap wireless connection crashes me a minimum of 5 times a day. Clerics are gonna get rich.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:44 AM
Sarnak

Yeah that sucks. Now every time I crash while zoning I'll have to wait a few minutes to log back in instead of 20ish seconds
Old 02-14-2010, 04:50 AM
Aviak

204 cha and my charm broke 14 seconds (timed) after charming a mob 5 levels lower than me!
Last edited by Kuldiin; 02-14-2010 at 05:43 AM..
Old 02-14-2010, 05:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Rogean: The infamous Error 1018 is making its return; Attempting to enter the server with an active character will no longer be possible until that character is removed from the world.
I do not like this. I freeze/LD frequently when I zone.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Banned

Gnoll slayer[Final] item number 5417 is now worse than Gnoll slayer [Intermediate] item number 5416...

The 5417 version should have been left alone instead of offering a WORSE reward, you could simply hand in the baby for the same exact sword effectively making camping rare and dangerous spawns in Paw moot point. It's also kind of a kick in the balls to people who would spend hours and days to obtain this weapon only to have it completely nerf sacked to a NO-DROP version of a fine steel longsword. I mean if you're keeping a re-vamped paw with the select NPC's that drop the items for the 5417 version then that version should have remained in it's former state, if the state wants to be nerfed down then just remove the Scribe and One eyed gnoll spawns all together and break the quest at step one.

Even taking the word account of the fools who post on Allah specifically in this thread:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=233

As early as February 2001 people talked about it being "upgraded" to better stats and the well known summonable pet, people in the bugs forum claimed this was a mid-luclin release item but I do believe that is only for the extra gnoll bane damage the +5 on 5416 and the +10 on 5417. Taken into account that Luclin at the time of these assertions on allah was still months away from release one can only assume that the item WAS magic, was a 15/40 ratio and did have the wolf companion clicky, it's just around the time of 2000-2001 the quest for the most part was unsolved and or broken.

I'd say revert the 5417 back to it's previous state, the quest is still rather difficult to accomplish and it the weapon itself isn't really THAT OP in the first place, dont make this another 12/22 Mistmoore dagger situation.
Last edited by Abacab; 02-14-2010 at 05:15 AM..
Old 02-14-2010, 05:18 AM
Aviak

I also have relatively frequent
1. crashes or
2. everquest minimizes and won't restore
when zoning, not unbearably often, but changing it from a 30 second fix to a 3 minute one will get very frustrating very fast.

These are not problems I had on classic, so fixing them may also require non classic behavior. Unless this is preventing exploits, please revert this fix.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Aviak

curious if you fixed pyzjn the way she is suppose to be or just the way you could make her work and she just spawns randomly or something? lol...cuz im not seeing her PHs the way they used to be...i knew the camp very well
Old 02-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

The PH for Ghast in Lfay is still Skeles right? Have not seen a Ghast yet.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Kobold

Ill admit charm was a bit over powered but I have 185 cha and a blue con would not stay charmed but a few ticks ... thats a bit much
Closed Thread