Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 04:13 PM
Orc

Kind of a well-known one but, avoid the greedy merchants.

Merchants like the female inside the freeport bank, boomba the big, or the male just inside the qeynos gates will give you 50% less for your wares and charge you 50% more for theirs. This is especially important when every silver piece counts early on. Don't sell your precious cracked staff to these guys (see list below)

https://wiki.project1999.com/Greedy_Merchant
Old 07-23-2019, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

+1 for all the bug collectors out there that keep their bug collection box till they are 60
Old 07-23-2019, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugnuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Poop in bags. I've already been saving my plastic grocery store bags for several weeks and have a proper toilet seat mounted to a 5 gallon bucket. I'm also lucky in that my garbage pick up bin is right below my bedroom window. It's still a solid 12 feet away from my desk, but I'm thinking I can just rush to the window between spawns and throw my poop bags directly into my can for the garbage collection on Mondays.

- I just "broke up" with my last RL friend. Known the guy for twenty years but if I didn't let him go, I know he'd just be communicating with me and trying to hang out and stuff while I'm playing. Also no girlfriend, because I'm red pilled to the max and don't want to lower my standards.

- Been stocking up on tuna fish pouches and boxes of ritz crackers for those late camp munchie attacks. I'm also thinking about moving my refrigerator into my bedroom and stocking it with 100% ready-to-eat food items that way I never have to cook or do dishes.

- I'm also retraining my body to become comfortable with a polyphasic sleep cycle. That basically means I'll take like one 2 hour nap per day, and offset that with short micro naps of like 20-35 minutes at a time, depending on what I'm camping. I've also secured a small supply of caffeine pills to help me when I absolutely can't sleep at all. And I mean real caffeine pills, manufactured by the Soviet Union specifically for long-term storage in case of protracted warfare. Sweet deal out of Ukraine, meant to hit you like a bolt of lightning.

- Main goals are to create the top raiding/farming guild on Green and maintain complete dominance of the raid scene for the entire classic timeline. Think TMO and Aftermath, but more hostile and edgy and driven by the will to conquer.
Holy hell this was funny, scary, and a flurry of truths. Damn.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:01 AM
Large Rat

My advice would be to start learning now or soonish where you can do quests/exp areas that arent overly thrashed with people. Most people are habitual and stick to what they know so knowing some outside sources would be good.

I'm hype for the whole starting over from scratch with absolutely nothing available to just buy at EC and doing tradeskills and all, which if you're not gonna be a hardcore raider its an advisable thing to do while people pass by you in level, catch up later when areas disperse a bit. But there will without a doubt be minimally 20+ people with buckets prepared that will dominate the good zones for a good month lol.
Last edited by Amatsu; 07-24-2019 at 02:03 AM..
Old 07-24-2019, 03:10 AM
Sarnak

You all forget that on blue server the GMs learned from everyone camping and fighting over the Manastones and Guise of Deceivers..They also dropped in East Commonlands from RANDOM mobs..so did Rubicite. Guk is NOT the only place those items drop. Good luck to everyone. Really ANYTHING could happen on Green. On blue we had a GIANT werewolf raid in West Commonlands. You are all limiting yourselves to past experiences and expectations of what is to come based on those expectations. The mind is the limit.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont forget to buy large sewing kits! Work on that tailoring while youre out in the brush as a bonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And having the containers eat all the contents if you accidentally touch the combine button. Classic.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:09 AM
Kobold

Well, some the potential strats also depend on which totally non-classic P99 specific nerfs go in on green right away. Examples being, are PBAoE spells going to be nerfed to 25 mobs on day 1? Are Seafuries going to drop copper and seafoam, or will they be back to Ruby Crowns on the regular? These types of things will alter my playstyle choices for sure.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, some the potential strats also depend on which totally non-classic P99 specific nerfs go in on green right away. Examples being, are PBAoE spells going to be nerfed to 25 mobs on day 1? Are Seafuries going to drop copper and seafoam, or will they be back to Ruby Crowns on the regular? These types of things will alter my playstyle choices for sure.
I believe people brought back word from that EQ con Q&A that the devs confirmed those kind of nerfs would be live on green from day one.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And having the containers eat all the contents if you accidentally touch the combine button. Classic.
So I remember this, but its not on p99, that a titanium client fix? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or was it a patch? Meaning we may see it on green? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-24-2019, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

I don't recall losing stuff to sewing kits.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread