Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 10:21 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10 practically homeless bald men
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Aviak

I just love the Qeynos area. QHills, Blackburrow, and Karana bandits are so fun and nostalgic. I'll definitely be starting there. There's great money to be had off bandit sashes and GLs from NK (assuming you can find a magic weapon!) for an early leg up economically. I'll probably play as either a druid, a ranger, or an enchanter. Or maybe a paladin or SK or monk or...

Okay, so I only have the starting location decided. Class TBD! Should be fun.
Last edited by E-Queue; 08-05-2019 at 10:30 AM..
Old 08-05-2019, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Lower Guk will be the biggest shit show ever.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

The whole thing that's missing from the "classic PnP or not" debate is the basic fact that we don't have a classic staff. Live did.

By necessity we can't have the same PnP policies (or "on the fly non-PnP" policies), because we have a few very kind people who generously donate their time to help resolve conflicts ... vs. live which had at least one paid GM "assigned' to a server, plus other rotating paid GMs, plus "Guides" that were paid with free game time.

Same reason we can't have boxing even though that'd be more classic too: we're just not live.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Everyone says the Qeynos area is the place to level, but I bet it'll be so rammed at launch that individual gnolls will be camped in BB. So I bet you'd make faster xp in a place like AkAnon or Rivervale where there's less crowding.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

FYI if you level a mage to 8 first, you can summon magic weapons (1h pierce and 2hb), bandages, food, water and 4 slot 100% WR bags for any alt you want. Might be something to consider.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

I dont understand the PnP debate at all.

It sounds exactly like someone saying "this server isnt classic because I have already camped all these zones in 1999"

It just doesnt seem any different than that to me.

anyway someone once told me this "Shutup, not everyone plays EQ the way you do" and I stopped trying to tell people what was right or wrong.

I feel like if you have a problem with PnP you just have to suck it up, the majority of players dont agree with you.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole thing that's missing from the "classic PnP or not" debate is the basic fact that we don't have a classic staff. Live did.

By necessity we can't have the same PnP policies (or "on the fly non-PnP" policies), because we have a few very kind people who generously donate their time to help resolve conflicts.
This isn't true in the slightest. It doesn't take any more GM support to have the classic PnP of "people must take turns at camps, in order of who showed up; no single person owns a camp."

And as already mentioned, it takes less GM support to allow competition over content, which is how the game actually operated for an entire year in classic. Any petitions about "kill-stealing" just get auto ignored (unless it's a higher level player specifically following someone everywhere they go and killing everything they try to fight, which is considered harassment, and should be stated as such by the person petitioning - no different than now).
Old 08-05-2019, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Is this guy still trying to convince everyone what makes EQ classic is how the owners of the server handle petitions?
Old 08-05-2019, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't true in the slightest. It doesn't take any more GM support to have the classic PnP of "people must take turns at camps, in order of who showed up; no single person owns a camp."

And as already mentioned, it takes less GM support to allow competition over content, which is how the game actually operated for an entire year in classic. Any petitions about "kill-stealing" just get auto ignored (unless it's a higher level player specifically following someone everywhere they go and killing everything they try to fight, which is considered harassment, and should be stated as such by the person petitioning - no different than now).
I would point out that if the classic rules were enforced here the staff would do nothing except show up and conduct rolls over who gets what ... but you know, let's not and say we did. This conversation isn't even worth having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this guy still trying to convince everyone what makes EQ classic is how the owners of the server handle petitions?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread