Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 03:07 PM
Aviak

Default Solo high levels on low level camps

Id like just to vent some frustration. I seem to constantly be stumbling upon level-appropiate camps with a solo over-leveled guy camping it seemingly forever.

If you dont think its greedy to sit and farm a low level camp for loot, denying lower levels from actually xping and/or looting, then you should really take a long hard look at yourself.

Ive had a few experiences of which i wont go into detail as it seems to help nothing anyway, but the levels of greed and selfishness sometimes are unreal. I cant imagine you would be like this in real life. If you are sitting at a camp, solo and 10+ levels above the mobs, for more than 4 hours maybe you should just move on or take a break? Consider others are trying to form groups and xp at those camps but wont say anything because we just cant be assed with the arguement and hassle that ensues.

Please just be a little more considerate and perhaps move on to higher level mobs which usually give better loot. Thank you.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Have you tried discussing with these people or do you just talk to them in the way you wrote this post?

You could ask if they'll let you kill things for XP if you agree that they get most of the loot (for example, 2/3s (or all, if you don't care about the drop) of the Deathfist Belts that drop) or something like that
Old 11-26-2019, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

I recognize you are just venting. I do hope, however, that you try asking such people for the camp in the future. Not all will relinquish it, but many will. I generally would, for instance.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

I understand that this can be frustrating to stumble upon, especially when there are high server populations (ie happens more often). However, it may help if you try to view the situation sans emotions or levels:

Person A has something desirable (camp)
Person B wants something desirable (camp held by Person A) but wasn't there first

Why should Person A move somewhere else, possibly struggling to find a camp himself, simply to appease Person B? In many ways, "being considerate" in this game is simply respecting whomever is there first.

It never hurts to ask to share or group (ie cd288's and V's advice); however, if you arrive to a camp that is actively maintained and cleared, it's usually best to move on to a different area
Old 11-26-2019, 03:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you tried discussing with these people or do you just talk to them in the way you wrote this post?

You could ask if they'll let you kill things for XP if you agree that they get most of the loot (for example, 2/3s (or all, if you don't care about the drop) of the Deathfist Belts that drop) or something like that
Sometimes I just ask how long are they camping for, sometimes they are AFK and sometimes they dont respond. But in most cases they arent budging, certainly not for or my group. I guess thats the rules of the server but I just want to have a bit of fun every now and then and these guys seem like they could and would do better but are under no obligation.

I just want to help spread mindfullness if that makes any sense. I think we're all adults for the most part.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you dont think its greedy to sit and farm a low level camp for loot, denying lower levels from actually xping and/or looting, then you should really take a long hard look at yourself.
Why isn't is greedy if a lower level takes a camp while a higher level wants the same content? They're both after the same thing - improving their characters. What entitles the lower level to content over the higher level?
Old 11-26-2019, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes I just ask how long are they camping for, sometimes they are AFK and sometimes they dont respond. But in most cases they arent budging, certainly not for or my group. I guess thats the rules of the server but I just want to have a bit of fun every now and then and these guys seem like they could and would do better but are under no obligation.

I just want to help spread mindfullness if that makes any sense. I think we're all adults for the most part.
Again, did you offer a compromise? If they're just there for certain loot, I highly doubt they would care about you killing the stuff for the EXP if they get the loot
Old 11-27-2019, 06:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I think we're all adults for the most part.
Lol, there's your first mistake
Old 11-27-2019, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why isn't is greedy if a lower level takes a camp while a higher level wants the same content? They're both after the same thing - improving their characters. What entitles the lower level to content over the higher level?
You don't seem to understand. Op wants it and thinks he should have it. Clearly he isn't the selfish one because he thinks he isn't!
Old 11-27-2019, 08:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Higher level characters have access to more content, tend to be more knowledgeable about more camps as they have more play time, and generally greater mobility in getting to a new camp.

The reason why 1 high level person locking out a group from doing level appropriate content is greedy is because it is probably easier for the 1 higher level person to find something else to do.

The xp group may not know where else they can go at their level, and on a high pop server it would likely be camped by another xp group.

IMO unless there is a specific item of high need for someone, they should cede a camp to an xp group. I always do.
Closed Thread