Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

This picture alone sums up why Obama is a flacid inefficient pawn of Big Finance and due to his willingness to hire any/all ex-GS into high government office will win the re-election.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Old 03-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Yea, I'm pro Paul but also a realist and understand it'll never happen. I just can't bring myself to vote for any of the other corporate shills who are deadset on reaching the bottom of the upcoming currency/trade wars.

But, in the end I'm glad to be an American. Because honestly, it's better than being in Europe, where when shit finally hits the fan we're looking a whole lot better in terms of our debt/GDP ratio:

Quote:
Old 03-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, I'm pro Paul but also a realist and understand it'll never happen.
I'm also a realist and understand if it doesn't happen its because of people like who you keep saying it will never happen. There's still no reason to vote for any of the other choices over Paul for any reason, period. Well, unless of course you are a supporter of inflation tax, rampant corruption, ndaa, war, bail outs, etc.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm also a realist and understand if it doesn't happen its because of people like who you keep saying it will never happen.
Haha, I'm voting for him and educate other people about him and the main problem we're facing as a country (The Federal Reserve), but yea, it's my fault he won't get elected. Not the fact that our electoral system is broken.

Quote:
Old 03-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Judging by this thread, Paul supporters might be a little too militant for their own good even.

Haha, just kidding. Don't track me down and murder me or anything.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, I'm voting for him and educate other people about him and the main problem we're facing as a country (The Federal Reserve), but yea, it's my fault he won't get elected. Not the fact that our electoral system is broken.
My apologies sir, it seems you are fighting the good fight. Don't take me the wrong way. You are correct the federal reserve is the greatest threat to our nation (or more accurately, the people of our nation). The system is only partly broken. Where and when it does work, the establishment usually comes in and commits massive acts of voter fraud which we have seen several instances of so far to ensure Ron Paul is not a perceived winner.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Judging by this thread, Paul supporters might be a little too militant for their own good even.

Haha, just kidding. Don't track me down and murder me or anything.
Heh, militant is one word I have not yet seen used to describe paul supporters. The rest of the GOP? Sure.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

Ron Paul's ideology and libertarianism are very appealing to people who are anti-establishment, or who perceive massive injustices/a broken system. It's real easy to latch onto what libertarianism says when you have a limited understanding of political science, kind of like how Ayn Rand tends to be extremely appealing to adolescents who then throw it out when they get older. I appreciate that the guy has a set of core values he does not compromise on a whim. I love his foreign policy. But that political philosophy would just be a disaster.

What about government-sponsored research for when there is no market calling? Free market, unregulated environmental protection / tort law? No nuclear power regulation? Privatized higher education? Privatized national parks? No regulatory agencies for water quality, road construction, transportation safety, etc etc. The government isn't perfect, there is so much wrong with having a large, powerful centralized government. But it's easy to forget why it is necessary, it works to counter the inherent bacterial nature of humanity. The state serves as an artificial, inhuman counterpart to all of the negative things about humanity, that is why the stupid things we do so often come into conflict with the government. We should absolutely criticize our government, point out the things that it is fucking up royally, but we should do so in the interest of making it better, not throwing it out and giving up.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

none of you are going to have any sort of positive impact on society by your vote.