Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

So here is a synopsis of what happened on 8/9th of April!

AG port up in advance for Noble.
A Thunder spirit is killed.
Upon second pull it is asked whether any other guild planned to do sky that evening (20:15 hours)
Pulls stop for query to be resolved.
Someone contacts Hydra.
Hydra starts their sky raid & officers enter discussion.
AG move pre-keyed characters to isle 1.5 to wait for ND to pop.
ND pops: AG waits for hydra to finish isle 1 and kill princess so they can hand in key pieces from the 2 mobs engaged before they realised they needed to contact hydra.
AG defeat ND.
As there were insufficient key pieces on the spirits & princess AG left up AG members volunteered platinum to key the rest of Hydra's raid.

Would be interesting to see the perspectives from pirates and other hydra members who were there.

I'll avoid posting a truncated log at the moment for brevity's sake.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ps: robot is still posting 2x per page. I am guessing its trigger to generate a post is falling under 25% of total thread responses.
Every other post says "This message is hidden" for me now. Only takes one click to make the thread bearable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As there were insufficient key pieces on the spirits & princess AG left up AG members volunteered platinum to key the rest of Hydra's raid.
Ha, I totally forgot about this part. I gave all of my platinum to them.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Upon second pull it is asked whether any other guild planned to do sky that evening
I just want to know why this wasn't done first. It's inconsiderate that they started clearing fairies without even trying to work with the schedule.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to know why this wasn't done first. It's inconsiderate that they started clearing fairies without even trying to work with the schedule.
It's a good point and important it doesn't continue to happen. AG were stung by Rustle wiping Isle 1 not long before. Really this is an issue that should have been in the mind of leadership, and not one to be reminded after engage by membership.

I suggest it was an oversight. Or a lack of oversight.

Something something Overseers. Of Air.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's a good point and important it doesn't continue to happen. AG were stung by Rustle wiping Isle 1 not long before. Really this is an issue that should have been in the mind of leadership, and not one to be reminded after engage by membership.

I suggest it was an oversight. Or a lack of oversight.

Something something Overseers. Of Air.
AG really needs to consider pulling Expediency from ever posting again and let you handle all of their board discussions.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Orc

I've been curious to see the outcome of this since it was posted last Sunday, but I'll at least throw my 2 cents on the pot.

The reason Ruppet originally started this post was for this - Clue ported up to Isle 1 in Sky on Sunday 5/14 with the intent of doing our weekly run. Upon porting up and starting to buff, we noticed that the princess was down along with a few of the spirits. So somebody sniped princess to go do Gwan right? Not entirely classy, but not unheard of either. So we check track and 'a presence' is up - so this means princess was not killed in the last 2 hours. Now, this opens up a window of time that Gwan MIGHT have been killed by a lone group prior to 2 hours before we came up, but I find the coincidences starting to add up.

Low and behold, as we're debating about who fucked us this time, Noble Djorn spawns. Who is there but 5 minutes later and immediately head over to 1.5? Rustle. I just happened to find it convenient that princess/a few sprites were down prior to Noble spawning, only to have someone swoop in and bag it as soon as he spawns. I would be too nice if I didn't say the thought crossed my mind of "Oh, hey, someone came up early and cleared Princess and got keys since they knew Djorn was spawning, meanwhile fucking anyone else who didn't have previously corpsed 1.5 keys or was willing to spend the 500+ per key to 1.5."

The reason we asked about OoA's originally was because some of our members asked since we got screwed over on a Noble, why can't we just kill them instead? I explained the way Nobles worked and we eventually agreed against it that night.

However, based on what I've seen in this thread, why the fuck shouldn't I kill an OoA whenever I see it? If guilds are gonna come up on other guilds nights and cockblock them from even getting keys to 1.5/2, why the fuck am I going to leave a mob up that feeds the poopsockers? If I kill the OoA's, will I never see another Noble? Most likely. If I don't kill the OoA, will I ever engage a Noble without fuckery happening? Most likely not.

And while Samoht, regardless of what you personally think of him, may not always choose the best point to drive home - but some of his arguments in this thread do have merit.

TL;DR

Is porting up on some else's Sky night to snag a Noble against the rules?
No, but it's sure as fuck not classy.

What is the server population's stance on killing Overseer of Air?
Generally, the attitude is to lay off. However - again I'll point out the irony - leaving OoA's up will just inspire more pixels for the already saturated neckbeards and if I can stick it to them, why the hell not?

This is 6+ years into the server's existence and people still need EVERY pixel available to them - because fuck those other guys. God forbid people would actually want to experience content they didn't have a chance to see 17 years ago.

Also, not to be completely negative, Clue would also support a YNYN type of agreement in the future - but as stated before, without 100% input, it only takes one group of dbags to ruin it for everyone.
Last edited by mcbizzler; 05-18-2017 at 01:49 PM..
Old 05-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

If you want a Noble rotation, then write up an agreement and see if people sign it. Most have already stated they will.

If you want to reserve Isle 1 mobs on your Sky night, then start an official discussion to get it added to the rotation rules and see if it passes.

Or do both.

However, if neither is done, then you have two raid groups that both need Isle 1 keys to things they are allowed to do per your rotation rules, with both parties yelling that the other party is less deserving of the free keys and should pay. Neither side is the more deserving underdog in this situation.

While AG accidentally killed 2 mobs on someone's raid night and paid for those keys to make up for it, you seriously cannot expect everyone to be so ridiculously accommodating when there is no actual attempt to move forward on revising the rules.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Large Bat

some guilds don't respect rotation rules for isle 1, mobs were dead when Novae move up.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you have two raid groups that both need Isle 1 keys to things they are allowed to do per your rotation rules, with both parties yelling that the other party is less deserving of the free keys and should pay. Neither side is the more deserving underdog in this situation.
This just isn't true. It seems like you're trying to change the rules to justify your own guild's bad behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While AG accidentally killed 2 mobs on someone's raid night
I fail to see how you can accidentally port an entire raid force up to sky on a night reserved for someone else and then proceed to start killing mobs. Eminem-Guilty_Conscience.mp3

Quote:
there is no actual attempt to move forward on revising the rules.
Rules (with the exception of nobles) should be fine as they are. If it's not your night and you need Gwan/noble then buy your own damned keys.
Last edited by Samoht; 05-18-2017 at 03:25 PM..
Old 05-18-2017, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Have you got your date right for the rustle event? I remember being in sky on 7th of March.

I watched Rustle fail to pull Noble to isle 1 (leashing was new). Weezard asked if I knew when the AG raid started, I replied in about 4 hours; 2 hours less than the 6 hour respawn timer of the princess. I advised they purchase isle 1.5 keys. Weezard disagreed, claiming princess was on a 3 hour timer.

If you were inclined you could blame AG for letting Rustle screw them; AG knew Noble was due, had the capacity to port up and had the keys corpsed to move straight to 1.5. If they took this action isle 1 would never have been killed. But I guess that is 'victim blaming'.
Lmfao ya, AG could have rescheduled their raid for earlier. But how were they supposed to know people in rustle were going to show up and kill their island one? It is victim blaming and another example of your idiocy.
Closed Thread