Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: If yellow text was implemented, should it display the location of the kill?
Yes, it should display a location 107 65.24%
No, it should not display a location 57 34.76%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

This is one of those non-issues. The fear of location on yt is severely overstated and any trial of this feature will show it to be much ado about nothing. If anything it will help stop so called "griefing" since if someone is being bind camped afk we know where it's going down.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is one of those non-issues. The fear of location on yt is severely overstated and any trial of this feature will show it to be much ado about nothing. If anything it will help stop so called "griefing" since if someone is being bind camped afk we know where it's going down.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 08-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

Voted yes to location. Helps promote pvp and on a PVP SERVER that is good.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

I sorta think this promotes the wrong kind of pvp. It tells you where people are who just finished a fight and where people are headed on a cr. if you get attacked and want to ask friends to come back you up, you do not need yt. If my group wins a battle for a camp now all the griefers want to come, maybe we accepted a lns from losers but with yt they hardly can go get the corpses safely.

Pvp should be able networks of friends and allies as much as it is about enemies, yt with location promotes Ffa arena type action. Go play a fps for this imo
Old 08-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sorta think this promotes the wrong kind of pvp. It tells you where people are who just finished a fight and where people are headed on a cr.

This right here. It tells loathsome griefer types exactly where so-and-so will be having to get back to naked for a corpse run.

I can still happen, but at least make those types work for that kinda info. Not just lurk about watching YT spam to see who they can ambush on naked CR.

Very good point.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it will help stop so called "griefing" since if someone is being bind camped afk we know where it's going down.
I think this is actually a good point. But I feel YT w/out location would solve this also. So it does not require location to have this benefit.
Last edited by Tycko; 08-11-2012 at 09:47 PM..
Old 08-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's a non-issue because it is already handled perfectly well by the existing system: I think we humans will do a better job of location shouts than an automated one. Do not think this will change the fact that we are going to chatter about those things with or without.

Many good points on both sides -- it has me reconsidering my own stance -- but ultimately perhaps only by trying it would you ever know.

My playing style preference is accepting the fear of the unknown. Harsh extremes and all else that comes with the act of war: players killing other players.

I shall leave you with this:

"In death, all things appear fair." (Forget whom the author is..)
Last edited by i8degrees; 08-11-2012 at 10:16 PM..
Old 08-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Banned

I voted no.

If /ooc goes at some point, then the argument that you can still broadcast location goes.

I understand that it might help foster pvp, but also it will also let you make kills you wouldnt without it. Like say you gank someone in crushbone, someone is right outside, sees the loc goes in and finishes you while you are low on health.

I think theres better ways of fostering pvp, such as halloween 2001 type scripted events and hotzones which would attract pvp alot. Not to mention removing xp loss in pvp.

I also think it advantages gank squads/twinks over casuals and help them in griefing (Oh hey, heres that noob getting killed in YT who talked shit to me the other day cuz my twink kept killing him over and over. Lets log in and kill him over and over again, lol). I like to see as little as possible of stuff that advantages numbers and twinks.

With that being said, i dont think its that big of an issue, i wouldnt try to get it changed solid if it passed, like i did for xp loss in pvp.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 08-11-2012 at 10:49 PM..
Old 08-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

Reasons for locations:

Considering how big the world is with kunark added and how many people are playing is one good reason to add yellow text and display the location.

It adds a level of pvp to the game that people want, once you pk someone you will need to stay on the move, camping places unless your really good will be impossible if people hate you.

It will keep griefers in check, anti pkers will beable to go around the world looking for people pking others.

It will turn into a mini game of king of the hill in alot of places which sounds awesome.

Reasons for no locations
:

Bragging rights

Stealthy kills (if you want a spawn and kill the person at the spawn, people won't know)

IMO

Pking needs to be kept in check, randomly killing people will bring more pvp for the people doing it and will allow people to keep griefing down if they want too. I voted for yellow text with locations.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Banned

most of the reasons expressed by those voting for no location is simply theorycrafting bullshit that has never been complained about in any iteration of a pvp server where location was announced in yellow text
Closed Thread