Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Default Zoning Bug: Disconnects/Hanging

It seems if you are playing in windowed mode and you zone while minimized/not on EQ, there is a high chance that EQ will time out and hang.

Zones I've had encountered this on are: Felwithe, Crushbone, Greater Faydark, Lesser Faydark, Unrest.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

I've experienced this a lot as well
Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

If EverQuest is not the focus while zoning (either zoning while minimized or alt-tabbing during the loading process), there's a high chance of crashing/disconnects. This has occurred on every single EQEmu server I've ever played for the many years I've been playing EQEmu. Don't expect a fix - just try to make sure the focus is on EverQuest when loading.

(Note: this happens to me at much less frequency or perhaps even not at all on stronger internet connections / PC specs)

lol wut
Old 12-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Skeleton

This is happening to me. I did the mail quest once from Felwithe to Kelethin and the second time I tried to enter Felwith I got 20-30 feet from the guards and the game froze. This has happened every time since. Everquest is the focus. I am running manually (arrow up) and I freeze. All in the last few days.

So is having EQ be the focus reduce the chance of the crash or is it not supposed to happen at all if it is the focus?

****Just tried to enter approach Felwithe in Full Screen Mode and I crashed. Oh well. No Felwithe for me.

I am using the EMu launcher by Duxa, could that have something to do with it? I have never encountered this bug in a year of playing until I made a character on the PvP server and used EQemu launcher.

****OK. Here's a twist. The game does the crash but only visually. I can still hear stuff and if I walk I can hear my footsteps.

It is now doing this at load up. I never get the image of my surroundings but I keep seeing the load up screen. however I can walk around and if I move my mouse, the cursor changes according to where I have my game windows set up (target, group, et cetera).
Last edited by japh42; 12-18-2011 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: ADDITION AGAIN
Old 12-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Project Manager

I experience disconnect problems if I don't use eqplaynice. I had the same issues on a w2k machine, windows xp, and windows 7.

I would recommend using wineq2.0 if you haven't tried it. It includes eqplaynice and you can make windowed mode fullscreen by modifying the videomode portion of eqclient.ini with your monitor's native resolution. Free version works fine.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Skeleton

Just made a new character on P99 PvP and all is fine. Hopefully I just need to get far enough away from Felwithe so I get my screen back to normal.

Now I want to try to approach Felwithe on the PvE server cause I never encountered that at all before.

I'll check out Wineq2.0. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Kobold

are you close enough to it that you would hear the music?

your sound card might suck

or

your music file is bad
Old 12-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Project Manager

Moved to technical discussion.