Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Parsed it from live. Calculated from logs. It came out about 12% per hit to stun.

Don’t get hit.
It feels like a lot more than a 12% chance per hit...but its prob just the perception.

Thanks for posting, btw. Did you parse it from live (as in the modern EQ) or from logs in vanilla-veliuos era?
Old 08-23-2019, 01:25 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It feels like a lot more than a 12% chance per hit
I'd have to agree. But yes, thanks for responding Haynar, appreciate it.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:19 AM
Aviak

Cargalia's Pet vehemently opposes any changes to stun-from-behind mechanics.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

Did you parse it from a lvl 10 cloth class or what lol
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Parsed it from live. Calculated from logs. It came out about 12% per hit to stun.

Don’t get hit.
yeah I definitely remember Live stuns being very frequent, but I also seem to remember there being a 1-sec grace period between stuns that I'm not sure is implemented here (or maybe implemented on a per-mob basis)? Just a hunch I guess, there's some serious chain stunning going on that don't feel right to me, and a regression analysis on backstun proc chance wouldn't necessarily catch a grace period.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

on reflection this may have been a SoD thing
Old 08-23-2019, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

It might also seem higher because mobs on p99 can hit you from a mile away if you aren't strafing.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Another thing that might be in play is that on live the stun have a cool down. Say you have 4 mobs hitting you, each have 12% chance of stunning hit, which is great.

But without any kind of cool down, you can be in the middle of 1st stun when a second stun land and a third... It felt like on live stun happens as often as here, but it doesn't "root" us in place after 1st's full duration.

Maybe try to collect data with say 10 mobs hitting from behind and see if there is really a cool down on how often you can get stunned?
Old 08-23-2019, 10:48 AM
Developer

On live in classic. You strafe strafe strafe. You beg for sow. Sow drops you beg for sow.

I parsed on a lowbie. And parsed on a high level char. Basically i set char to walk and walked away. Its only valid when moving. But spent time parsing low level mobs on a level 75 char too. And it all came out about the same. Low level mobs stunned at same rate as higher level mobs.

I threw out all bashes when parsing.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
On live in classic. You strafe strafe strafe. You beg for sow. Sow drops you beg for sow.
Its true that in vanilla EQ on live sow and strafing were really important...but I don't think it equals out to the long distance hit bug on p99. I do consider that long distance hit to be a bug that I'm sure you've probably looked into before and would remove if you could...but it is apparently unfixable.

The difference probably doesn't matter much when you are running from mobs to escape melee or when you are long distancing pulling with a bow or spell, but it does make a huge difference if you are body pulling or medium distance pulling (like on a monk in a dungeon with shruikens) that mobs have a chance to stun you from out of distance. That one stun frequently means that the whole room of mobs you just tagged is now right on you, and what would have been a perfectly safe pull is now risky.

My first char on p99 was a bard and I learned to AE kite persistantly timing my turns and strafing to avoid hits...it is not similar to live doing the same thing. Its practically a different game when it comes to avoiding all hits on p99 while you AE kite (or at least it was...I haven't done a large AE kite on my bard since kunark on p99).

You're obviously a pretty smart guy who took a lot of time to try to reconstruct the mechanic as much as possible. I also think that adding the mechanic in was a really needed addition to p99.

I am saying that it feels wrong to me, and I'm grasping at straws to try to find out why. I have played on p99, every TLP in classic, as well as modern live EQ. So, it should feel about the same given how you parsed the data. But it doesn't, for some reason. Sorry, I know that this isn't super helpful...other than giving you some feedback.
Closed Thread