Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Default Rest the Dead

I think the mem blur success percentage on RTD is too high right now.

Here is the situation, and it happens dang near every time: In City of Mist I have a greater war boned skeleton charmed with Thrall of Bones. I have another monster(works on them all, goo/golem/wraiths/etc) rooted. My charmed GWB is fighting the rooted monster at max melee distance. I cast RTD on my pet and he walks away from the monster that is rooted. It kills his agro towards it just as if I had hit /pet backoff.

Why cast RTD on my pet? The pacify effect is beneficial when you FD, they walk back to spawn point, and your agro is erased, you stand up, wait for pet to regen health(very fast). recharm and back to business. The pacify allows you to be close to the spawn point when you FD, for minimal walking distance.

Another scenario, and this is the one that I thought was really odd. I can't replicate due to not knowing duration on the charm every time.

I had a charmed GWB, I was getting ready to release it so it could go heal. In the middle of me casting RTD on it, charm broke and it started beating on me. After RTD landed it mem blurred it. It walked away and reset like normal.

allakhazam shows that RTD does indeed have a very small chance to land blur effect (1%). But I'm seeing it far more often than 1% today.

Anyone see any glaring faults in my logic on the blur effect being too high?
Last edited by Nuggie; 08-12-2013 at 11:05 PM..
Old 08-21-2019, 11:03 PM
Former Guide

Moving to resolved based on the 1% not being a true indicator of success. Some explanation here:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...5&postcount=50
Closed Thread