Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

Default Reclaim Pet Spell Doesn't Return Enough Mana

So three mages I have spoken with have all claimed that back in Kunark / Velious era it was extremely OP to be able to reclaim your pet and gain a LOT MORE mana back on each reclaim. So far I have only discovered this post:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020810...ell.asp?Id=207

Quote:
Aurora

GAINING MANA
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2001At lvl 49 +, I find that I GAIN mana every time I reclaim and I am not even specialized in Conjuration. So I would assume those mages who specialize in Conjuration will start seeing a gain at lvl 44 +. I have been using this spell as a Mage version of Clarity at times. Just keep summoning and reclaiming and you have Clarity standing up ). Just bring tons of Malachites with you. And at lvl 44+, I don't think anyone cares about the price of Malachites. Only problem is inventory space.
It is very difficult to ascertain EXACTLY how much mana was received back, but from what I've read so far its about 150% of the pet spell. Can anyone give me some more suggestions on where I can find information on this?
Last edited by wwoneo; 07-08-2017 at 12:23 AM..
Old 08-20-2019, 11:35 PM
Former Guide

Resolving as there is not enough evidence in this thread to warrant a change, and a mountain of evidence for not gaining more mana than your pet costs.

Newsgroups yields tons of results, none reporting boastful gains.
Closed Thread