Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-07-2011, 02:42 AM
Fire Giant

The zone time is extended, from any connecting zone?
Old 02-12-2011, 02:09 AM
Orc

I never had this problem up until recently. In the past, I had a few other bugs which forced me to run through WinEq2, but I never froze while zoning until recently. It just started happening within the last week or so and I hadn't changed anything. Then I realized I started using Skype (peer2peer voice chat interface) about the same time it started crashing. As soon as I stopped using skype, it stopped freezing and ran smoothly. I don't know if that was actually the problem, but I haven't had a problem since. I would check and make sure you close all extraneous programs while running your client, it just may interfere with the game.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:11 AM
Aviak

My brother and I who play on the same I P address never had problems with zoning for the first few months playing only until a week ago and now we crash pretty much every time we zone. Seems to crash less during the early morning hours though. We can't figure out a fix, and I am wondering, and maybe someone could confirm, if re-downloading the titanium client would possibly fix this mess.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Sarnak

Lower your frame rates to ~60 if you want to eliminate lag in sola/permafrost etc, lower them to ~40-45 to severely cut down, if not eliminate, random crashing

Server first Golden Sash of WTFPWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Unlike modern life, natural selection is alive and well on p99. Adapt or die.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:10 AM
Fire Giant

Old 02-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

I think the problem is the game's intollerance for less than desirable connections. I have been having some higher latency lately with some minor packet loss. I have been zone crashing over 50% of the time since I have had these problems.

I have also been having problems logging in. I get a lot of time-outs and when I do log in, I get a server selection screen but no servers. Logging in can be an (poor) adventure itself. To me, it seems that if someone has a connection that is not almost perfect, you will suffer these problems.

I am not a computer whiz, so sorry if my observations and conclusions are way off or sound stupid, but it seems that while zoning some packets get lost, or latency causes problems that cause you to freeze. I have just let it sit and have zoned in after about 8 minutes of watching 'Zoning into east commons...'.

My friend wants to play on p1999, but he has a satellite connection. While he can log into eqlive just fine, he can not log into p1999. He gets 'logging into server' but it never goes past that. It times out every time.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Orc

I hope someone finds a solution... its getting pretty stupid. I crash once every 3rd or 4th zone. Its not a system or speed issue. I am not getting disk activity, its getting really bad.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Banned

Still crashing alot for me while zoneing also time out while trying to log in
Old 03-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Large Rat

Default getting old!

starting yesterday, i can no longer log into game. i either time out constantly, or i get a server screen with no servers, or if i do get past the server screen i get no toons. if i am lucky enough to get toons, it wont log in because it times out!!! others have been complaining about the same problem, and it seems to be falling on deaf ears [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only thing i can say for certain is that before the v4patch, 0 problems
after the v4patch, nothing but problems!!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Large Bat

Default U-VERSE Connect debug information I have seen today

I noticed in the logs/dbg.txt file the following issues that might shed some light:
- Failed to open C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\GlobalDRK_chr.s3d.
- ERROR: World did not drop the connection.
- TIMED OUT WAITING FOR MY EQPlayer (in GetZoneInfoFromNetwork())!! top = 670277144
- nError is TRUE at C:\EQ\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:20261

I'll attach the entire log file for you and Yes Virginia I do have U-Verse as my ISP....this problem is killing me!

But after 30 years of software support for Boeing, I'd much rather debug something I love than whore myself out for money. Hope this helps you.

Pat